PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I've been getting a lot of acclaim on here lately for sending out pipes and tobacco to new smokers and while we all love pics and it is fun to see what you got, I'n not doing this for recognition. I have been so very blessed by this community and have had pipe mentors that really helped me out when I started this hobby. This is just a way for me to give back. Actually the pipes have been sent to me from other forum members so it is a group effort. I'm just doing a little restoration work and mailing them out. And all the Sutliff tobacco is sent to me free in support of our pipe club by Sutliff. I'm just distributing out the extra. That being said I have a few pipes about done and another couple lots coming from forum members to give out to new smokers. I'm looking for guys with one or two pipes. Post on here and tell us what you have got. Posting pics if you can too. I will respond by pm when I have something for you.
Also if and when you get your pipe from us, post a pic of you smoking it in this thread for the guys who have donated the pipes to see. Then we all get some warm and fuzzies.

If any forum members have pipes you want to contribute to the effort pm me.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I love this idea. One of my two pipes is from the Free Pipe Project. I'm on my phone right now, but I will post pictures when I get back to my computer. The pipe community rocks! Shaintiques, you are especially awesome for putting this all together. You play a major role in making this all possible, and those of us who have received a pipe from you truly appreciate it.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
WOW just WOW, I have one cob and that is all, I smoke 1 to 2 bowls a bay as of right now. I really like MM 965 so far, I have had a hard time with aros though. And my avatar is a pic of me with my trusty MM cob form the drugstore.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Cudos to all parties involved then!! Very nice of all of you who contribute to help out the newbies. You can not properly enjoy this hobby without more than a few pipes IMO. A rotation is essential.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As I've noticed in a short time here, several new pipers are quite limited pipe or cash wise. It seems sharing and pipe smoking go hand in hand.
I'm proud to be part of this community.
Keep up the good work shaintiques!

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Here is the pipe and tobacco I received from this project
Swzwhk2.jpg

And here is a picture of it in use!
A2toWcs.jpg

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
I am mailing out my donation this week. I am relatively new to pipe smoking (only 2ish years). If my Dad hadn't sent me one of his Stanwell pipes, then my love of pipes might not have ever blossomed. This is a great cause, and for all of you politically charged smokers out there, what better way to bolster support than to grow passion in the community for the hobby.

ragnar

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
Cool idea! I have a couple MM cob's and a Kaywoodie-Drinkless Billiard that I'm enjoying very much. What a cool community. I'm still looking for new tobacco's to try, I've found I'm leaning toward English blends. Reccomendations?

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
shaintiques wrote:
If any forum members have pipes you want to contribute to the effort pm me.
Am I understanding you correctly, that if we just send a pipe "as is" you will do the sterilization and clean up?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes rangerearthpig that is what I am saying. I will do the restoration work and then send the pipe to a new smoker or give it to a new smoker. I have some in my area. Also if you guys have a new smoker you are mentoring that could use more than one pipe hit me up and we will see what we can do. Also Pruss has volunteered to send a couple out and he is in Canada. Any new Canada guys let me know your needs and I will connect you with him. Lastly Ragnar, I would like to keep this thread about pipe needs not tobacco suggestions. It will be better for you to post a new thread, but it sounds like you could use another briar, so I will add you to the list and set aside a couple cans of different Englishes for you.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Dave, you are a genuinely good dude, that is awesome what you are doing. I don't think anybody on here would ever think you were doing it for recognition, so i don't think you need to worry about that, lol. I'm definitely new to piping (around 7 or 8 months or so?) but i have one of the worst cases of PAD, EVER, so i am good in that department. I would love to contribute some tobacco in the future, when i get to cellar status and have the bulk to pay it forward.
Keep up the good work brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.