PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzysocks99

Lurker
Jan 12, 2017
I found this thread recently and thought, wow what a nice thought! I am a new pipe smoker and love that there are such wonderful people out there helping.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well had a productive weekend. I was at a conference for my work but made some pipe connections and gave away two pipes to a new smoker. The meer pictured above and another. Also just got in a huge donation of pipes and tobacco from Jerwynn. He contacted me about a donation. I told him I was prepping a box to go out to an active Seal Team and this is what he sent. I am amazed once again at the generosity of this community. A big thanks to Jerry!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Please check the thread below to see the pictures:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/shout-out-to-free-pipe-project-pics
Thanks again Dave!

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
oh geez, wish I found out about this before I spent all my money. haha, I have some cobs and a couple of low to mid level briars now so it's probably too late for me. Also, I have accumulated a pretty decent amount of tobacco too. Well, at least I know where to direct my friends if they ever want to try it out.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yep exterminate who. Send them over. I just sent out 3 boxes today. One to a Navy Seal team, one to a guy whose house burned down and he lost all his pipes, and one to a guy I met on my trip to New York who was new to the hobby.

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I was originally going to ask if I could get some help trying out tobacco as it costs almost as much as a pipe up here, but after giving it some thought I realized I already have two pipes and a few ounces of tobacco so there's probably someone out there in more need than I am. I just wish I was in a position to donate. Hopefully in the future I can.

jltrow

Lurker
Aug 25, 2017
Hey all,
Dave sent me a box a few weeks ago after I heard about him on a back issue of the radio show. And what a box it was! He was not able to send the box for a few day because of a funeral he had to attend and felt like he needed to make it up to me by stuffing the box to the brim with tobaccos and accessories. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of this group and ecstatic about the pipes and tobaccos I now get to try. Thanks all and thanks Dave!
I'll send the pictures to Dave so he can post them. I'm not sure how to do so on here.

spurgeon12

Lurker
Oct 8, 2017
Wow, this is incredible. I am a new pipe smoker. 30 years old, married, with one daughter and another baby on the way. I was inspired to smoke a pipe after I read the Chronicles of Narnia on my summer vacation (finished the whole series over the summer!). I'm now onto Lord of the Rings, which I'm happy also has many pipe references. I have a Dr. Grabow Omega and a Peterson Aran with a thick billiard/pot bowl (straight, no bend). I have loved smoking - so relaxing, contemplative, and fosters a spirit of consistency and steadiness. Any help you can offer as I build my collection and strengthen this hobby would be much appreciated. Thanks for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
Very cool! Just came across this thread. the first post was 3 years ago, did you expect it to still be going this long when you started it? Great bunch of people on here, glad to have joined up.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
There is a familiar face on the cover of Pipes and Tobacco magazine this issue.

anipo

Lurker
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Greetings from India!
Came across this lovely forum while searching for ways to start this hobby here. Shoutout to Shaintiques for setting up this wonderful project. Love the generosity and sense of brotherhood on this forum.
I recently purchased a beautiful Morgan Bones Bent Bulldog and have only just started breaking it in. Looking to start a small collection and hopefully paying it forward on this group over the next few years. Really glad to have joined this forum.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
As a new member of the forum I had not noticed this thread until today. I have been collecting pipes for many years and have a number that I no longer smoke. I would donate them to his noble cause if it is still going on. Hello? Is anybody out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.