PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I just got two more boxes of pipes in for you guys. So far the fine fellows here have sent in 40 pipes to redistribute out to you guys. I have given away 6 pipes so far. Someone is also sending me a pound and a half of tobacco to send out too. So far I've gotten pipes from Ejames, RangerEarthPig, Condorlover, rsuninv, pruss, and others are sending me stuff. Here is a pic of the pipes I currently have on my work bench and will be getting to as I have time. Be patient as I have a custom pipe I have to finish in the next couple of weeks, then I will be tackling these bad boys and sending them out. As you can see there is plenty to go around so everyone who has contacted me so far will eventually get a pipe or two depending on their needs.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
This is great stuff Dave - good on you for doing it. The more pipe smokers we have, the better. :clap:

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Hey fellow pipers.Im new to pipe smoking and enjoy it.My avatar picture is actually me with my only pipe i own.Its a cheap 7 dollar marschaum pipe i bought from my b&m.He sold it to me for starters to see if i enjoyed pipe smoking.Gotta say i love it.Thanks again to all you pipers who make this forum one of the best places for a newbie like me to come and relax and share in one of my now favorite hobbies

Mar 31, 2014
Wonderful, Dave! And I hope you can share a photo of that pipe your makin' when you're done, if you don't mind. I'd like to see your craftsmanship.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
This is a great project and as things go i can see at lest three that i cant wait to see cleaned up and many are very good looking as is. With a bit of spit and polish those pipes will be well loved to those that get them. Im loving the wide range of pipes as well.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I got in about 12 more pipes and about 1.5 lbs of tobacco from the fellows on here on Saturday to give away. The generosity has amazed even me. This isn't an exchange per se as was mentioned in another thread, but should help the new guys get a little variety. I plan to send two pipes out in every box as well as some tobacco.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
:)
And they say you cant get anything good for free, everyone that donated gets to feel good about helping out new friends in the pipe community and those that get a pipe get to feel a part of this great project and group of people. I have even posted in other spots about the project just to spread the word a little more.

Mar 1, 2014
Wow, this is awesome.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, it's hard to say which) I've already gone through the brunt of what this program was meant for, 6 pipes and two dozen blends in I don't think there's much in the way of donations that I would benefit from.

dacor

Lurker
Mar 29, 2014
Québec, Canada
I just received a package from the Free Pipe Project:
-A pretty cool Brylon pipe (I've read that it is supposed to smoke hot, but I don't have any problem with it, in fact I love it 'cause it's rough, so I can bring it in my pocket without any fear to break it)

-5 tins of Sutliff tobacco:

{-Golden Age

-Balkan Luxury Blend

-Molto Dolce (It is the only of this selection I've tried yet, and it's wonderful!)

-Kentucky Planter

-Westminster}

-Erinmore Flakes

-Escudo

-English Mixture
It gives me the opportunity to taste a lot of tobacco I wouldn't have tried otherwise, considering the fact that pipe tobacco is difficult to obtain in my city.
dsc_0042-600x450.jpg

dsc_0039-599x378.jpg

A big thanks to Shaintiques and those who help him in the Free Pipe Project!

Mar 31, 2014
Well I certainly haven't ever been one to ask for something but I would love to be able to get a new pipe/tobacco. I started out about a month ago and got a $5 hardwood pipe from my local store to start. I have about an ounce of the store blend of 1q and bought a tin of frog morton cellar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok so update on the project. I finished the pipe I was crafting and have started restorations. I've currently got 14 pipes on the work bench in various states of restoration. So as I get those done I will be sending those out. I've also had a couple of pounds of tobacco donated and another donor is offering up some, s tobacco will be going out with the pipes. My plan is to send out a couple of pipes to each person and some tobacco. I will be contacting you guys in a week or two.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
We've already communicated about this, Dave, but I have to add, at the risk of offending any atheists on the forum, that if there's a God, he's just got to be a pipe smoker. What a bunch of great guys, all headed upstairs someday, especially you, Dave.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
God bless you. I am very new to this as you can tell when I joined. I have had some great help from other members on here. I dont know if yiu can go through and see my posts but I have started about 1 week ago. I have a cobb pipe and bought some otc junk and then I went to a pipe store and bought some good stuff. Wow what a difference my only problem is loading and keeping lit. I hear cobbs are good but I feel I am missing out on the experience. With me trying to keep it going I feel I just get a mouth full of a little flavored hot smoke but im getting better. Maybe yiu can PM me and I can exchange my info with you. Im not trying to be a bum but I think this would be great for me. Im in Ohio. Thanks so much and not to be too picky but id love a bent pipe red smooth or black sandblast. Id love me some frog morton to try ive heard thats pretty good. Thanks so much and great cause.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Hi guys, I have been lurking on the forum for awhile and decided to sign up when I saw this awesome program you have! I am a fairly new pipe smoker (a few months) and have sampled a good number of tobaccos in a short time, but I still feel like I have no clue as to what I am doing. I have a Rossi Rubino bent egg and a MM cob (smokes better than the briar) so far.
I decided to smoke a pipe for relaxation, nostalgia and because I love complex and intricate flavors. I am a homebrewer, craft beer lover, foodie, and love myself some fine single malt scotches as well as quality bourbon. I can't stand cigarette smell and have not really enjoyed the handful of cigars I've tried. Pipes seem to be much more mellow (although that depends on the baccy I suppose) and I like that I don't inhale it. My grandpa used to smoke a pipe sometimes and I always loved that smell of cherry cavendish! My wife also finds the aromatics pleasing, so that is a big plus for me!
Looking forward to learning more and getting to know you gentlemen!

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
I have already posted on your other thread mr. Shaintiques, but I'll try here too. I have two pipes, soon to be only one, and would appreciate anything you guys on here would have to offer.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
He makes the time murf; he makes the time. I'm lucky to be a contributer, as I definitely have extra tobacco, and it was given to me, as is the postage sparrowhawk is sending. When sjb3 gave me his entire cellar, I had half a tin. Instantly went from recipient to contributer. A big thanks to all you toadies who are involved with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.