PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The best donuts are at the Grants Pass farmers market. They make em on the spot. I’m not sure if they’re around during the winter months because the farmers market moves inside to the Josephine County fairgrounds. They’re called Daddy’s Donuts which is a little odd but the donuts are great.
Thanks for that. It's a beautiful drive to Grants Pass.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The bakery I often shop at on weekend mornings is called Nord's.
When I was growing up it was Klein's. Two sides of the same family - ownership changed in the early 00s. I still call it Kleins, old habits die hard.
It's always been within walking distance and very little has changed in the last 30 years at least.

In 2022 it was rated at #13 on Yelps Top 100 Donut Shops in the USA.
Not bad...
Top Shops in 2022

bobomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2023
Colombia
roberthunt.com
Living in a foreign country you tend to miss things that you use to take for granted. One of those for me is donuts. When I go back to Texas for visits, it seems like there's a donut shop every other block. Here in Colombia your only choice is Dunkin Donuts. You would be amazed at how many Dunkin Donut stores they have. That's pretty much your only choice. Not great, but not bad. I miss a solid, well made glazed donut.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I rarely eat donuts anymore because I've developed a gluten sensitivity (possibly Celiacs), but there are a few I've grown to love over the years.

Plain glazed donuts from Shipley's in Texas. (The donuts are ok, but the kolaches are where it's at.)

The St. Paddies Day donut, a March specialty at one of our Cleveland area Irish bakeries. It's a yeast raised donut, filled with Bailey's Irish Creme & iced with a Guinness Irish Stout chocolate ganache.

The Paczki. A filled Polish donut popular in the Cleveland area, very popular on Shrove Tuesday/ Fat Tuesday before Lent.

The Beneigt from Cafe Dumond in NOLA. There's not a donut better as far as I'm concerned.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
The St. Paddies Day donut, a March specialty at one of our Cleveland area Irish bakeries. It's a yeast raised donut, filled with Bailey's Irish Creme & iced with a Guinness Irish Stout chocolate ganache.

The Paczki. A filled Polish donut popular in the Cleveland area, very popular on Shrove Tuesday/ Fat Tuesday before Lent.

Paczkis are big here in the Northwoods on Fat Tuesday, too. Certainly the best doughnuts I can get in my immediate area all year ... we buy enough on that one day to get sick of them for the next year :)

But you're really blowing my mind with that St. Paddies doughnut ... that description alone has me considering driving to Cleveland in March!

Reactions: Streeper541

Buckeyestime

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2023
Stuck between WI and IL
I only have donuts once a year or so, thus I can be a little picky on what I have. There is a local place called Gurnee Donuts near where I live which has my Favorite done right - lightly glazed cake donuts. I also have to have hot black coffee or ice cold milk or it just doesn’t work.

Reactions: SBC