PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Cruller. Plain donut you get in a box at the grocery store from some giant corporate bakery.
Recently discovered mochi donuts, and I won over to those as well.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
Now, an apple fritter is something else, and had I considered it a doughnut, would have been my choice as well. Before the Pandemic, Bob's made spectacular apple fritters all day. Since then they don't have them in the morning before 11AM, which is just plain stupid, but it is what it is.
My choice as well, although, we call them bear sign here.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
My childhood favorite were any donuts that had pink icing with sprinkles like in the Simpsons and I still can't resist them even if they’re not my favorite.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
61LpzC-rGlL._AC_SX466_.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
On the rare occasion that I indulge in a do-nut, my preference is for an old fashioned, either plain or chocolate topped. I used to get them at Bob's Coffee and Doughnuts in the Original Farmers Market. The doughnut shop in Westwood Village used to be top listed, but I haven't been there in decades, so don't know how good it is now.

No rush, but at some point I'll check out to see if there's good doughnuts in the Rogue.
The best donuts are at the Grants Pass farmers market. They make em on the spot. I’m not sure if they’re around during the winter months because the farmers market moves inside to the Josephine County fairgrounds. They’re called Daddy’s Donuts which is a little odd but the donuts are great.

Reactions: sablebrush52
Mar 1, 2014
If you go to The Dounut Mill on Gasoline Alley in Red Deer, they sell multiple varieties of whipped cream filled doughnuts, often with seasonal specials (e.g. Mint for Christmas, Cinnamon for Valentines, Pumpkin for Halloween). It's almost like eating a small deep fried birthday cake.

I may or may not have driven 100 miles just for a box of donuts.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
When I was a young child, My great aunt would take one of the four of us children with her to walk "downtown" to her hair salon.

Good behavior earned a doughnut from the local shop on the return trip. I can't recall the name of the bakery, but the Bavarian Cream was this fat kid's doughnut of choice.

Decades later, this fat adult is more into old fashioned and cake donuts. I worked at a local doughnut shop for a few months last year and got to make them. I would make a bitchin' apple fritter with a light caramel glaze.

1698194993746.png

1698194874694.png

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon