PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
My boys are just happy they don't have to cook. Never complain about food. They are both fairly good cooks, better bakers. But when I ask what would you like? It's always jambalaya. Older one likes gumbo, but younger one can't stand okra. Enough for plenty of leftovers. Better next day.

1000001760.jpg

Lamb burgers with onion, parsley, lots of mint, oregano, and some cumin. Served on a toasted bun that was slathered in Farmhouse Mayo and topped with sliced sweet onions. Drizzle of chimichurri sauce on the side.

Bad picture. Big flavor.

View attachment 244335
I am making something similar tonight sans lamb. We want to commemorate Jimmy Buffet’s passing with my cheese burger and margaritas.
I mix the ground beef with lots of mint and garlic and feta cheese. Then top it with provolone on the grill. And bun it with a tziki sauce. We call it Greek burgers. It’s the only burgers my family request of me now.

I would use lamb, but we had a bad lamb experience during covid lockdown, and Mrs Cosmic hasn’t gotten over it yet.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I am making something similar tonight sans lamb. We want to commemorate Jimmy Buffet’s passing with my cheese burger and margaritas.
I mix the ground beef with lots of mint and garlic and feta cheese. Then top it with provolone on the grill. And bun it with a tziki sauce. We call it Greek burgers. It’s the only burgers my family request of me now.

I would use lamb, but we had a bad lamb experience during covid lockdown, and Mrs Cosmic hasn’t gotten over it yet.
That Greek burger sounds ... amazing!

I spent some time cooking in a tapas restaurant and was in charge of creating, preparing, and executing the Burger of the Day. Your Greek burger sounds menu worthy.

Sorry to hear about your lamb experience. Lamb is probably my favorite meat due to the strong flavor and diversity with accompanying flavors (like rosemary and garlic or a blackberry glaze). Except for racks, lamb cuts are now cheaper than beef at a local grocer.

I would hate to have an issue where lamb was no longer enjoyable.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
That Greek burger sounds ... amazing!

I spent some time cooking in a tapas restaurant and was in charge of creating, preparing, and executing the Burger of the Day. Your Greek burger sounds menu worthy.

Sorry to hear about your lamb experience. Lamb is probably my favorite meat due to the strong flavor and diversity with accompanying flavors (like rosemary and garlic or a blackberry glaze). Except for racks, lamb cuts are now cheaper than beef at a local grocer.

I would hate to have an issue where lamb was no longer enjoyable.
All of the best restaurants in Birmingham are owned by one very large Greek family. I am always trying to recreate the way they cook at home.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant