PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Guys I live in the total boondocks of the Northwoods of WI. Our bars suck. They're the stereotype of what you'd imagine of boondocks Northwoods WI bars. I just got back from one having had some new WI made bourbon. It was pretty good for being a WI made bourbon. I don't know what it was. I didn't note the name or take a pic. I failed you. Will report back if I ever know what I feel this way from.

otm

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2020
Texas
Quite a bit this week with the family in town/around. Elmer T Lee, Balvenie 21, Lismore 18, Redbreast 15, MacAllan 12 Double Oak, Powers JL, Glenfiddich 12 Sherry, Yellowstone 93 proof. Merry Christmas!

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I enjoy good whiskey, mostly scotch and rye. I do not usually like any kind of flavored whiskeys but recently bought a bottle of Dough Ball a cookie dough flavored whiskey. 70 proof. I was doubtful but it is surprisingly delicious. It is not so sweet that it is cloying. It even has a back end chocolate note. Not an everyday drink but a couple of fingers after a meal is very enjoyable.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Yesterday was my 62nd birthday so my nightly tipple had to be something a bit different.

A couple of years ago I bought a few bottles of 'American Eagle Tennessee Whiskey' aged 8, 10 & 12 years. Actually it is rebadged George Dickel sold exclusively over here.

So last night I popped my penultimate bottle of 12 year old and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very unlike any other American whiskey I've tried being slightly 'nutty', very noticeable in the 10 & 12 but not so much in the 8.

Nice looking bottle but it's a real pig to pour from!

1 am eagle.jpg

Jay.