Status
Not open for further replies.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
My two rules when stopped by a cop are:

1. Do what he tells me.

2. Be very polite.

He doesn't have to be right. He's the cop.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Some true police responses from friends of mine in the U.K
Police Person (aka The Filth) 'Good evening Sir'

Poor Victim. 'Good evening orificer'

Police Person (aka The Filth) 'Have we been drinking Sir?'

Poor Victim 'I fecking hope so after the amount of money I spent!'
Police Person (aka The Filth) 'Good evening Sir. What do you have in your car?'

Poor Victim 'Four seats and a steering wheel'

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
We don't have police in my township. It's one of the reasons that I moved here. That said, when I get pulled over, it's "Yes Sir, No, Sir, I am an idiot, Sir". They have a lousy job, they just want to go return alive, and they don't need my smart-assed comments. Much.
Plus, you should get a dashcam.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
^^^Awww, they put the guy on paid leave, what’s a man to do? A bit harsh isn’t it? Ha. Does an off duty police officer still have that kind of authority? I would have drove off too.
Be honest, Condorlover those “friends” you speak of were really you, huh?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^ And that's a familiar pattern in these types of incidents...they're typically repeat offenders who were allowed to continue.
A "detective" and 30 year veteran. Isn't that special.
Psychosis and a badge...not a good combination.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If a private citizen fucks up he's unemployed or incarcerated.
Or, returned to his/her position ... depending on the efficiency of the union and/or HR. In job protection, the public sector and the private sector run neck and neck. I've worked both, no real difference in overall efficiency or decision making either. Well run public safety orgs are as hard to find as well run private companies, that's been my experience. The larger the organization the less efficiently run it is. I believe this to be true in "mom and pops" and publicly traded companies, Add a union or HR section to the mix and ... efficiency is really tough to come by. It's humans that make things work and humans that muck things up. Time for the robots to show us what they can do! :worship:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Damn Cosmic, you turn renegade? You should have used your debating skills.
What you experienced was a fool trying to do a job only certain individuals can do. He didn’t detain you for anything other than to check your “smoking apparatus”. And of course an officer needs to get your hands in the open with no distractions, until he releases you. But you have to be a smart individual to do it with finesse. This guy didn’t have his shit together, especially when he used his probable cause, the ol’ Turn signal routine. So you get a warning, and a don’t “argue with me”. I don’t know what I would’ve done. I think you did good. I know a lot of cops, so my MO is to always be polite when pulled over or approached. Even if the guy is a complete douche bag I’m all Yes sir and you are gods gift to the Judge who will protect you no matter what. I’ll just ask one of my buddies to help me out, and the cop Will usually remember me as a real good guy and toss the ticket. I don’t know what I’ll do now with the new electronic systems in place, pay the damn ticket I guess.
Anyway, when you put one man above another man, your gonna have problems. You can’t screen all the Power Hungry Ass Holes, they’ll just become politicians if not cops. :wink:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ha Ha I watched Woodsrose video, yea that guy would have been shot. Sorry, he hasn’t displayed anything that he is law enforcement and would have taken a bullet through the door before he revealed his wallet. Which his wallet and it’s contents mean exactly shit. There is a complete difference between Cosmic’s weird experience and the other psycho in a red truck showing aggressive behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.