PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
MjTannen - you really started something! A very fun read. Did you get my last pm?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
BTW my friends like Hobie call me Marty and that's the way I like it.
I knew I liked you. :wink: For the newbies on here, BTW, my name is also Marty, so I rarely get to enjoy calling other Marty's by their name. Also a fun site to visit is: www.howmanyofme.com which is a site that you put your first and last name into the proper boxes, and it tells you how many people share your name in the USA...as there are 43,660 people in the US with the name Marty. There is only 1 other person that shares my whole name....I like that.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Porsh: You and I have similar contentment habits and similar beards. I'll bet that is the secret for our shared good looks brother.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I light a pipe first thing in the morning, smoke during the day, and at night. If I am awake, I am usually smoking a pipe.
You should work on smoking in your sleep. All the pros do it. :roll:

maduroman

May 15, 2010
lorraine, you naughty, naughty girl.... :twisted:
and misterrogers, i have smoked a pipe in my sleep but quit because i kept burning my eyebrows off... :puffpipe:

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
My cousin died about 10 years ago, "a real pipe smoker." He wasn't buried, he just went up in smoke (and a bit of dottle...) and on a clear, still night you can still see him smoking, just next to the 7 Sisters, the Pleiades. Say "Hi" to him when you see him, he likes that.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I am retired, but I do not light up for the first time till after a cup of coffee and something to breakfast. Might be 1PM before my first pipe, like today, I am just getting ready to load up. But I am a night person and sometimes do not put the pipe down till 2, 3, even 4AM.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Being retired is great. We earned it after 40+ years. You do what you friggin want whenever! No working man ever has the pleasure of smoking his pipe to the wee hours if the AM alarm says get your ass to the job.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
dude, most retired guys will tell you they work harder after than they did working because EVERYONE knows you are retired and has a couple things they need your help on...

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Cyndi you are a saint for loving those children and so is Lorraine (sorry if I messed up you name spelling). I am not sorry that I had to deal with that shite, I learned so much and its part of who I am now, that's not so bad. I have raised 4 children of my own, and ride with groups like BACA, that's bikers against child abuse I also ride with BBB that's bands and bikers for babies (who are victims of violent crimes). I volunteer as a road guard for every charity ride that come my way. I am known and they just call me up. I don't know if I had it better as a child that I would care so much about these things.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
dude, most retired guys will tell you they work harder after than they did working because EVERYONE knows you are retired and has a couple things they need your help on...
Guess I am lucky, moved to a state where I know hardly anybody and I live out in the country. Have never had anyone approach me about doing anything.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
That's the best possible outcome, IMO. My Dad always told me as a child (he was severely abused along with his sisters) that the best thing he learned was exactly the kind of father not to be. You two would like respect each other. (Dad tends to watch people before he makes his presence known.) I really love the biker groups who stand up for children. Now I need to put that on my to do list: find out when the next local rally is and take the kids out to watch. My oldest has been a little bike crazy since my brother and his father-in-law took him out riding on their scooters.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
atsymbol.gif
Cyndi

The Bikers for Babies Motorcycle Ride was held last weekend here.

This is just the Track ride.

The Talledega Motor Speedway is one very-very-very large race track.

The guys riding up high are the Harley Davidson Test Riders.

Wish I could have participated this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEmoopgzLSk

joeyfats

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
oxford Florida
I guess i'm not a "real pipe smoker"myself as I have not a pipe in possesion :)The one I want is out of stock,meanwhile i get to come on here and listen to you fine folks talking about your nice pipes.Soon I will join the club and be one of the Real people lol

Status
Not open for further replies.