PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyser

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
Before April 10 2011, I only had time for one bowl a day (strict smoking policy at the office). On the 10th of April, however I lost my right foot. Since then I am working from home. I keep my Keyser going the whole day, from dusk until dawn.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Yesterday was the first day I lit a pipe INSTEAD of a cigarette and I'm damn proud of myself! Haven't had one today yet either :clap: This all happened before I made it to the restroom first thing a.m.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Man I wish I could smoke as much as you fellas! It's summer though so I normally don't smoke as much as I do in the winter. Something about the warm pipe in the hand in the heat is unpleasant to me.
Yesterday was the first day I lit a pipe INSTEAD of a cigarette and I'm damn proud of myself! Haven't had one today yet either :clap:
Way to go and keep it up brother!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
This is going to be bitchy, so feel free to totally disregard this post. ;)
I hate the term "real" anything. I adopted my kids but that doesn't mean I'm not their "real" mom. I don't have a uterus, but that doesn't make me anything other than a "real" woman. The word real is the opposite of the word imaginary or fake. My kids aren't imaginary or fake, so that makes them "real" members of the family. I hear this all the freaking time because we adopted from foster care. "What about their REAL parents?" Those aren't parents - they're convicted felons who managed to reproduce and if the law ever catches up to them (they're running from warrants) then they'll probably die in jail. And for what they did to MY kids - my REAL kids - they deserve every punishment the other felons can think of.
Now for anyone who wants to call me something than other than a "real" pipe smoker, I have one of those antique toy pipes that blows bubbles and if you come visit to say it to my face, then your next visit will be to your proctologist so you can retrieve my "fake" pipe.
Ok, rant over. Carry on. ;)

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I start my day with a pipe, and end it with one also. But I only smoke about 5 bowls a day. I am not real... You did not read this. Nothing happening here citizen, move along.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
due to price of tobacco down here i can no longer smoke all day :cry: but being in the job market again means i will soon be back there in my all day bliss, as long as i find a job that enables me too

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I find no offense in grouping some folks as real pipe smokers if they intend to call themselves that. I smoke all day if I can. lately, I've been cramming so (for a pesky civil service exam) much I'm lucky if I fit in 1 bowl a day. The reduction of bowl sizes and amounts aren't what I'd prefer but I feel real none the less. Being a real pipe smoker to me means smoking as much as one can allow. I tip my hat to those that can smoke more.

Jul 15, 2011
I think a "real" pipe smoker is anyone who enjoys the merits of the pipe and a fine tobacco, be it once a day or 10 times a day. I get to enjoy anywhere from 2 to 5 bowls per day depending on what I have going on and as long as the girlfriend can tolerate the smell, and I feel like thats a fairly hefty amount. In any case, I think its fair to say that anyone and everyone on this forum is a "real" pipe smoker. Cheers! :puffy:

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
Wow!!! A manly man post! Well I guess I am kinda of a "real" something as I love having a cup of joe and pipe in the morning and a cup of joe at the end of the evening with a bowl of something really good (meaning tobacco!) Like book ends. I think this post is meant to be taken tongue in cheek or would that be pipe in cheek? :wink:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
We are all "Real" pipe smokers.

I'm sure no offense was intended.
None was taken! And cyndi, I'm gonna need your address. Normally I'd have to pay upwards of a couple hundred bucks for the kind of rectal breach you mentioned. Sounds like you are willing to do it for free. What will you insert if I say you aren't a real woman? LOL

Jul 15, 2011
hauntedmyst, Im beginning to see why your member status says "resident comedian". Have you ever considered a career in stand up? "But seriously. Is this thing on?" :rofl:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I kind of took the post to mean "we" as in the people on this forum, but I could be wrong. I so often am, sigh...

Jul 29, 2011
I'll have a bowl after breakfast with my coffee.... then another after lunch (and maybe one around 4pm before dinner once and a while)... then another before bed.
I like the sweet tobaccos like chocolate, vanilla and cherry.... am I a real pipe smoker? lol
That's like saying real cigar smokers don't smoke flavored cigars, yet a dang lot of them smoke DE Acids once and a while, too. I don't like flavored cigars, only my pipe tobacco sweet. Love that sweet aroma in the room.
I don't think you're being bi*chy, Cyndi. I'm not able to have kids... my daughter is adopted, too.
L

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Wow, I've been smoking a pipe for 30 years and never knew I wasn't a real pipe smoker! You learn something new every day.
Man, I wish I had a pipe that lasted 30 years! How big is the bowl on that thing?

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Man, I wish I had a pipe that lasted 30 years! How big is the bowl on that thing?
1.1280828325.world-s-largest-pipe.jpg

I tried to buy it off him, but he said I've got to wait till he finishes his bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.