PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Now thats a pipe! How big of a pipe cleaner and how much baccy goes in it, 300lbs? :rofl:

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Enjoying this fun thread alot. The "Real McCoy's" are on a roll. Hauntedmyst....keep us laughing!

My Savinelli is all fired up this morning with some X-30 and Oh Yeh, I'm retired.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
haunted, I've always thought I'd be a good dominatrix. Would you prefer I wear my black leather boots while I ensure you'll be pooping soap bubbles for a week?
Lorraine - do you get the "real" question a lot? It's always so neat to meet other adoptive families in unexpected places. :D

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
there are a couple of tough chicks here.... kinda gets me excited.
cyndi, i am an adoptee, you are a REAL parent, just like lorraine
i am a real pipe smoker because i smoke a pipe whenever i want.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
217849066_f011b26437.jpg

Mommy... Hold me. I'm scared.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Ok then, I'll do some thing I never do and play Devils advocate. The original poster (the retired cop) used the word real implace of life style. Are you a life style smoker or a social smoker or a weekend smoker. That's a first for me I gave a cop benefit of a doubt. Now Cyndi its ok to be "b!tchy" not a problem. You are also correct you are a real Mom with real children that makes a real family. Maybe you are a "real" pipe smoker, that's up to you. Good that being said I have a pipe when I like and not when I don't. Generally I smoke a pipe all day at work and have one or two at the end of the day. Is smoking a pipe the main priority well no.
Now Cyndi about adopting children for those who love the children I take my hat off. I lived as an adopted child, and still refer to them as my foster family as it was a living hell. I knew I didn't belong there and they made sure I knew it well. So I left at the age of 16. Point being I think you can over be over reacting because there are some that are not real parents

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I don't know what all the criteria is about to be a real pipe smoker or to have a real pipe. Seems like the pipe ought be just a general extension of yourself, and not as some personally identifying trait that you bludgeon people with to prove your uniqueness.
I have seen folks do this with bikes and weight training methodologies. After a while, it turns into a lot of internet bickering because people do get insulted. Or they want to explain or reason or defend what has been insulted. And then someone else wants to whips out some percieved level of expertise or extra knowledge to prove them all wrong again.
I don't know if i am a real pipe smoker or not. I have some pipes and I smoke them, but sometimes I have problems in keeping a bowl lit, and basically all my pipes are cheaply bought second hand stuff. Except a basket pipe that smokes pretty good. I stick a lot with the same tobacco, too. Because I like it, although i experiment a bit, as well. But, I don't smoke any cool and exotic blends in a cool and exotic pipe.
I wasn't sure I was a real biker, even when I rode with a 3 patch MC. Too many folks running around putting lots of various criteria on what made you a true biker, or true Brother, or how you represented the Club. I liked to ride bikes, mostly. And I did what I could when I could. And I had a lot of peoples backs at one time. But probably some folks didn't like the way I rode or did stuff or covered peoples backs. But some must have, because they tell me all the time I can pick my Colors back up any time I like. But others wouldn't like it.
Maybe I should smoke a pipe now.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Kevin: You are the "REAL PIPE SMOKER" among us. You are one hellova Fncker! Smoking while having sex. (Is it OK to post the word SEX correctly on PipesMagazine?)
And Kevin SURPRISE....with this post I just graduated to Senior Membership

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
this thread might win the yearly award for the wackiest thread. :roll:
MARTY- this is what you intended to stir up, isn't it? :mrgreen:

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
locopony - the word for those type of parents is "check cashers." I really have a problem with people who use children and animals as accessories or as a means to get more state money. I know a LOT of foster parents who have the maximum limit of children in their home, overstate the children's needs to get the child's care status (more difficult children = more money), and then complain because the state won't pay for daycare when they work at home. I also know a lot of foster/adopt parents who are in it for the right reason. I've seen 5 yos on risperidone! Bootleg and I are a special needs/therapeutic home and we chose to go that route because we have been counseling sex abuse survivors since high school.
I'm really sorry you got the shitty end of the stick and I'm sorry that it's a common thing. If it makes you feel better, I'm imagining kicking the crap out of them right now. ;)

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Hobie: I never intended it to go off in so many different directions. It is however, IMO, a great fun thread that has included most all of us in some real honest to goodness fun. I certainly never intended to infer that any pipe smoker is not a real person nor antagonize anybody. My intent was purely just some fun with guys and gals who hit the pipe more than just now and then some. We certainly went off on some unanticipated tangents like adoption. Kevin brought us back to the fun part and I think all guys and gals appreciate some happy (adult) language now and then sprinkled in with our usual, laid back, gentlemanly talk. I for one, do not use four letter words in text, around children or in public conversation, however, I do use the terms around guys, friends, and at home. I tend to view this forum as guys and gals who are my friends and I feel at home here. Although this is a public forum it is an adult forum and I think we are all mature enough to understand each other and not be offended.
All of that said I think this has been one of the better threads we have had in a long time and I appreciate all of the interest and participation. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I have and we could certainly keep it alive for a long, long time. It is the "real McCoy" and a thread to loosen up in and have good fun with good friends. BTW my friends like Hobie call me Marty and that's the way I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.