PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Watching a movie, Inbred (2011), halfway through, a character called "Wilf" is smoking a pipe. Can't find a screenshot and I don't feel like rewinding to take a picture of the television. It's only one scene.

Two social workers take some ASBO kids out to the country, get abducted by inbreds from the defunct mining town they're in. It's OK if you like horror, some of the costumes are creative, the CGI effects suck though, but most of the practical effects are pretty good. Story is... well like a typical B list slasher. Not worth watching just to see the one scene anyway. It's available on Amazon Prime Video.

Also, almost forgot about this one, but we binged "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" few weeks ago; season 7, episode 16 opens with this:

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Foyle's War; Series 7 (2013); Episode 1 The Eternity Ring. Sir William Chambers is seen smoking a P-Lip bent billiard in a meeting with Foyle. At the end of the episode he is seen in his office packing his pipes, carefully wrapping each one in a cloth. On the desk is a beautiful small rolltop pipe and tobacco stand with 7-10 pipes on top. I was unable to find a picture. Clearly the actor knows pipe smoking.

mateusbrown

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2022
Georgia, USA
Schuster.jpg
A little obscure for Americans, but here is Oh Shucks...Here Comes Untag, a comedy by Leon Schuster, who is a South African filmmaker and director, and this is him starring in the film, smoking his pipe in this scene, at the end of which, he screams, "Bliksems!" Translates to "bastards." That's your Afrikaans lesson for today.

It's pretty funny throughout--he wrestles a fake lion for the tourists, has this kudu head mounted on the motorcycle for more trickery, and it is set in the fictional country of Nambabwe. Partly in English, some Afrikaans, free on the Youtube. Lots of little cool things, like Worsie Visser's "Boesmanland vat my hand" playing on the radio in the background of the store scene.

Last edited:

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Watched the Blues Brothers the other day. I haven’t watched it in years. There are several scenes with pipes.
The great Donald 'Duck' Dunn, RIP.

I watched a very good movie last night called Bertie and Elizabeth. In one scene, King George VI meets with Clement Atlee, who is smoking a silver-mounted full-bent. The King mentions that Atlee once gifted him this pipe with a "self-cleaning gadget".