PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
The 1989 Episode of Murder She Wrote - Smooth Operators - stars Barney Martin as Lt. Timothy Hanratty a NYPD Homicide Detective with an Irish Brogue and frequently a P-Lip stem sticking out of his lapel pocket ... while at the apartment of the neighbor of the murder victim, having tea, Lt Hanratty pulls out what appears to be a Peterson bent billiard with P-lip stem and silver band - rusticated finish like a Donegal rocky - and lights it with a Peterson lighter in a circular motion. Can't find a still with the pipe. But in the scene you can see imprints on the band as the overhead light reflects on the band.

1707433237305.png

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I have been watching the Godfather trilogy over the course of a week or so and there is only one pipe smoking scene in the whole group and its in the the first movie, can't even recall who the smoking character was either..........thats the alzheimers kicking in.

• Haha
Reactions: PaulRVA

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I have been watching the Godfather trilogy over the course of a week or so and there is only one pipe smoking scene in the whole group and its in the the first movie, can't even recall who the smoking character was either..........thats the alzheimers kicking in.
Its airing here in the States as well.
Ill have to keep an eye out for it.
I hope it wasn’t Luca Brasi 😂

Reactions: VDL_Piper

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
In the movie EXECUTIVE ACTION I recently noticed that the character of the professor was smoking a pipe. That's not unusual, but what was is the fact that the stem of the pipe shows the typical build up of deposits of a well smoked pipe that is in need of a cleaning... and that is unusual for a movie prop. Out of curiosity I researched some and found this earlier picture of the actor with a pipe. So, in this case the pipe was not just a prop but his actual pipe. p.s. If you haven't seen this flic, you might want to give it a look. puffy

Imljllage1.jpg

9413745.jpg

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Alfred Hitchcock's last film, Family Plot:

IMG_4762.JPG

Not one of his "classics," this film's a lot of fun to watch. Bruce Dern plays a cab driver/actor/amatuer sleuth, the character is, among other things, a sloppy pipe smoker. He has to tap the pipe out during a church service, taps a tombstone for dramatic effect during an inquiry ... but he also seems to pack with a codger scoop without even looking, as if he otherwise knew what he was doing (Dern himself claimed to be a non-smoker).

IMG_4759.JPG

It was refreshing to watch a character trying to look intelligent and sophisticated with a pipe, and not being entirely successful.

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Kurt Russel smoking a Mastro de Paja which he commissioned

Pipe which had a surge in sales after that movie.

Attachments

• Pipa-Mastro-De-Paja-Fatta-A-Mano-Il-Boia_10_8.jpg
    Pipa-Mastro-De-Paja-Fatta-A-Mano-Il-Boia_10_8.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 8