PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
George Zucco appears to have been a pipe smoker, handling a pipe in like an expert in various movies.

In Shelock Holmes in Washington, his pipe is important in one scene (although he has to light it with a paper match for the story).

The Black Raven opens with him smoking a pipe.

In The Mad Monster there's a crazy old woman who smokes a pipe as well.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Nicholas Cage has one for awhile in "Butcher's Crossing" - I assume for accuracies' sake, he doesn't have one as the movie progresses because he inevitably runs out of tobacco.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
Lately I have been watching a number of old Western movies, including several John Wayne movies. There are a number of supporting characters who smoke pipes in his movies. Sometimes there are multiple pipes smokers. Aha, the good old days!

Raisedbands

Lurker
Jan 8, 2022
New York
It may have been posted earlier, but this time of year makes me want to point out Jimmy Stewart and the Christmas great, “It’s a Wonderful Life. The scene midway or toward the end in the Bailey Building and Loan office, before he goes home for Christmas Eve, he is smoking a pipe carrying a Christmas wreath around the office (just before his life’s troubles intensify:) That scene really makes you understand why directors are wary of pipes with regard to “continuity issues”. But is still a great scene in a great movie. (I try to watch it every year…maybe it will be tonight!)

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
In the new film, “The Holdovers” Paul Giamatti portrays a pipe smoking teacher in this movie set in the early 1970s. A very good film.

Attachments

• 55A63D75-03FC-488F-8C5F-AB89AF3A6CF6.jpeg
    55A63D75-03FC-488F-8C5F-AB89AF3A6CF6.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 4

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Not sure it should count, but saw a crappy movie last night, Slay Belles (2018), Barry Bostwick as Santa briefly sticks an unlit corncob pipe in his mouth in one scene.