PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I'm not quite sure that's what I saw in the last scene of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, but it seemed that Jimmy Stewart's character was about to light a pipe when the conductor interrupts him.

His hand movements seemed different from when he lit cigars earlier in the movie, more like handling a pipe.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
might have been mentioned. Well last night I watched a movie and the best part of it was that there were two pipes in it. It was the new Susperia movie and man it was just dull and not interesting. But it did have two scenes with people smoking pipes. A bulldog and a pipe you don't get a good look at. Seriously not worth sitting through that movie. It's a horror movie that's embarrassed to be a horror movie and pretends to be an arthouse movie. And I didn't know Tilda Swinton could be so bland bland bland.
Ever go to a restaurant and the food is well plated and looks great but when you take a bite you are tempted to send it back because they forgot the flavor, that's what that movie was.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
A very B movie by the same director as "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" called "The Night, The Prowler" has some good pipe scenes. The dad is a pipe smoker and has a large collection of pipes and stands and jars and every pipe looks like the same model. Not a great movie but lots of pipes in it. Which kind of means if you want to see pipes in a movie and don't care if the movie is good or not I got your movie. Full disclosure I enjoyed the movie it's a good cheap fun exploitation movie.