PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Never and I mean never get back together with anyone. If ya break it off throw it away.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Man what a bummer. Hope things straighten out soon for you dude.
Also, the Blake Shelton is awesome

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Well, since this thread is still going strong (unfortunately), I guess I'll leave a comment or two, and give you all an update.
Thank you to all of you have been kind. Your caring and compassioniate natures, are the foundations of the Earth.
To anyone else who has loved and loss, and is still experiencing that pain, in any way, you know my heart goes out to you.
To the narcissisists, pessimists, know-it-all's, and buzz-killers in general: ___________.
Update: I've been fighting with everything I have to get her back, and for the most part, it seems to be working. She is giving up cigarettes, and let me know that all her clothes smell like smoke, due to my indoor pipe smoking. Being that my foolish pride, and selfish ways DO have their limits, I have taken to smoking outdoors. I'll smoke less, but less is more, isn't it?
She's been in Tennessee with her mom and dad for a few days now, and every day we're apart, the thought of breaking up grows harder and harder for each of us to bare- or so it would seem.
One last thing. If any one of you loves someone deeply, and you think you might be taking them for granted, go change that now. Immediately. Turn off the computer, and go show them your appreciation.
Thanks again.
Jerod.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Jerod you have learnt the secret of keeping them happy. Personally I think Bulldog Drummond summed it up well when he or maybe 'Sapper' the writer of the books commented that the 'Female of the species is deadlier than the male'. Good luck with that and I am heartened by your news. Sending them off to the parents and away from the surrounding can often be therapeutic and allow rational thinking to prevail. I can empathize with you as I am going through this stuff with my current number 3 wife. If you intend to marry I have only one word for you - prenup as it has saved me a fortune over the years.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good news, I bet she'll appreciate the act of your compromise more than the action itself. That is one key to a successful relationship.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Glad to hear it. A lot of us smoke outdoors for the same reason and it is a reasonable compromise and good on you for being willing to go there. And you have learned an important lesson about taking people for granted - one that I constantly have to work on myself. Hope things continue to improve.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Congratulations on a potential reunion. Sounds like a reasonable solution. Any successful relationship involves dialogue,compromises, and agreement.
I like the suggestion of a pre-nup. It's especially necessary when you are good at making money and inept at relationships. I asked my fiancée to make me sign a pre-nup because she's much better fixed than am I. Boy did she give ma an earful! Lawyers... :puffy:

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Pipe tobacco tastes better outdoors; it's a fact supported by the number of (mostly) men who smoke outside. I'm sitting in the English Summer - it's raining and blowing a gale, but what's not to like?! Welcome to pipe reality, Jerod! Glad to hear things have taken a positive turn.
Andy

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Destiny dressed you this morning. Don't let gear pull down your pants, and leave ya standing there with ya dangling unmentionables uncovered.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jerrod, from what I have gathered you have taken her for granted and maybe she has you. Maybe this separation is exactly what the both of you needed. Sometimes you do not appreciate a thing until it is gone. I truly hope you guys get back together.
Now to all you clowns who have not been supportive of jerrod or think that his venting here is not the proper place. I say to you, blow me. We are all professional marriage counselors and experts at giving advice. If it were left up to us, we could cure all the ills in the world. We are omnipotent, and don't fucking forget it. :nana:

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
I know nothing, my first marriage lasted almost 10 months. The second however has been 18 years, probably because she is stubborn.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
+1 Michael

Extra Special +1 to Harris
Right there with you. There are a lot of good words and advice here. Read it all and take everything that will work best for you. Just know that this too shall pass.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Harris, since we have no real idea as to why she fled I really can't understand everyone jumping on Jarrods bandwagon. I suspect if she has posted on another board somewhere all the ladies jumped to her defense. for some reason this just doesn't pass the smell test, imo. of course everyone is welcome to their opinion. I see you have a daughter.. if she had shacked up with a guy for a number of years and then he did something to make her pick up and leave I wonder if you would be so quick to defend the guy? `
btw, I also wish to decline your odd offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.