PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ooooh igloo! I almost never get tongue bite, but the fizz in Coke stings like a wasp!

You da man!
H&H's Louisiana Red in a Ben Wade bulldog (with cold black coffee!)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
In a much earlier post to this thread clanobucklin, in referring to H&H tobacco, said
I saw review in Tobacco Reviews that said something about ...gasp...it looks like Fish Flakes.

That was almost certainly a review of L J Heart Burley, and a very accurate description. It is a really weird tobacco. Dry and best smoked that way. I moistened some of it and found it is much better dry.

I think it is a terrific after dinner smoke, with a sweet aspect that's hard to latch-on to, and nutty, musty undertones with an ephemeral cigar note that can't be beat. An unintended (I think) benefit of being so dry is that a pound of the stuff is a huge volume of tobacco. Oh God! Just thinking about it makes me want to order another batch.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Clanobucklin Said:

Hey Bob, How is the quality of Hearth and Home tobaccos
Sorry it took me so long to answer, but this is the first I have been able to get on since Wednesday. I was shoveling snow for over 6 hours on Thursday.
Anyway, the quality is great on H&H blends. Sure, some of their blends are on the chunky side, but I'm sure that they are that way by design. I have had blends that were just as chunky from other manufacturers. The tobacco is high quality and I either love or really like almost every blend that I have had from the H&H series. Russ is a great blender.
Clanobucklin Said:

Decided to order some H&H tobaccos - I ordered Sunza, VA Spice, Lousiana Red, Capitol Stairs, Stogie, AJVAPER, Aniversary Cake
Sounds like a good sampler there. Out of the blends that you listed, I have had VA Spice, Louisiana Red, and Anniversary Kake. I love all 3 of them. I will be ordering some Capital Stairs soon to try based on what Cortezattic (I think it was him) has said about it.
Stogie is a new blend that they just came out with this week. Russ talked about it in Part 2 of our interview.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Crazy Weather huh? My father is expecting snow in the Panhandle. It is going to be 65 here in SoCal. Starting the day with P.S. Bullseye Flake.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
right now enjoying P.A. in a Carey Biliard, latter this evening the plan is McCellands Dark English in a Pete along with a cold brew and watch the snow fall.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Nat Sherman # 536 - Empire English in a Charatan in a Charatan Knightsbridge Bulldog #38.
charatan-bulldog-knightsbridge-38-600x237.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Earlier it was McClelland's bulk 2035: Dark Navy Flake, "Pungent Cake," in a GBD bent pot.

Now it's H&H's Louisiana Red in a Rattray's bent bulldog.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This morning it was P.A. in a Peterson bulldog, then GL Pease's Cumberland in a Ben Wade. Both were as close to ecstasy as one can get while doing something completely legal. I guess today is gonna be a "good palate day."

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
This morning it was P&W #191 Honey Vanilla, got home after work and it was Gramercy Park both smoked in a Dr Plumb Meerschaum lined bent. After dinner I am going to brave #400 - a latakia based blend in ...

Status
Not open for further replies.