PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
PA with coffee this morning, and now borkum riff whiskey, great tobacco when smoked slow.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Hey Bob,
Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Last night I got home and smoked a bowl of McClelland's Oriental Cavendish - very nice - a little butter, brown sugar, spice - but hmmm had a little preservative aftertaste. Then I took a 2 hour break (snooze) got up and lit up H&H Sunza Bitches - no taste - where is my spicy oatmeal cookie? Where is the Bourbon, where the heck is anything except heat and Perique?
Later I broke out H&H AniCake in a meerschaum lined bent ...Ahh here we go...had a good smoke until my palate crashed and that was the end of the story. And So To Bed.
Have you tried H&H Capital Stairs yet? I like it and am starting to crave it - when I want something mellow with a little complexity.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Smoking Red Top mixed with Lane 1Q. P.S. Bullseye Flake is all gone. Fixed income as well Frank. Waiting for Birthday.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Clano, when that happens with your palate, try brushing your teeth and then rinsing your mouth out with a 50/50 solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and water. See if that clears things up a bit.
I have not tried the Capitol Stairs yet. I just have so many different blends to try that it is overwhelming sometimes. I think that I buy more tobacco than I smoke.
Last night was H&H Sunjammer.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Breaking my own rules:
Smoking Middleton's Cherry Blend in my bent volcano Cavicchi.

Very mild, sweet, with a hint of cherry.
Not too shabby, only downer USA lost in overtime to Canada in OT.

Great game though. The US hockey team can hold their heads high.

buddhabear

Lurker
Feb 23, 2010
just finished a bowl of Boswell's Berry Cobler in my Savinelli 601Z Churchwarden..very nice taste, wonderful aroma...

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
H&H "Stogie" in a small bent meer lined Italian Pipe. Bob if you like H&H VA Spice - you'll love this one. :)
Will try the peroxide and water - see if that clears things up.
I am always trying to find tobacco blends that compliment each other during the day - very similiar to when I use to spin records at the College Radio Station as an ameteur DJ. I was Always trying to find songs that make a greater experience en toto than simply great tunes that stand out by themselves. Capice?

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Sapo. Good to be back. Smoking Treasures of Ireland Shannon in a Meerschaum Calabash.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Revisited an old friend captain black white with a few cup of strong black coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.