PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Bjorne bent billiard, with Dywiec lager in the glass.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Treasures of Ireland Shannon, and then it's off to the golf course with my son. Good times.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
P.A. early on in the day; switched to C&D's Haunted Bookshop this afternoon; now I'm gonna settle in with a DGT'd bowl of H&H's Louisiana Red.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Last night was some CAO Moontrance in my Savinelli Punto Oro 2007

savinelli-punto-oro-2007-01-600x205.jpg

Today was some Scotty's Old Red in my Luciano Bent Bulldog

luciano-89-600x194.jpg

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
DudleyD, You could get Kentucky Dark from James Barber ltd. but the exchange rate is a killer.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Whereabouts are you Dudley?
I'm halfway through the tin, and can't for the life of me figure out if this is one of the best or worst blends ever! I'm stumped, but a lot has had me like that recently.
I'm a hop, skip, and a jump away from Louisville, KY on the Indiana side.
Orlik was my first flake tobacco, and while it's not a complex or stout blend, it's like a comfort food to me, sort of like mac n' cheese.
I've read that Peter Heinrich's has a similar or exactly the same blend and I plan to give it a try sometime.
http://www.marscigars.com/peterheinrichs-darkstrongflake.aspx
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=D&TID=1809

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Smoking Red Cap in a bent Bjorne. I just bought it for $2.99. Not bad. Straight Burley.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I've had some borkum riff whiskey, PA, and my latest bowl was half and half in a grabow.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
...and McClelland's bulk 5100: Va. Red Cake.
I'd gotten a sample of #5100 from Mars Cigars before. I want to get more of it since it seems like the perfect tobacco for my larger bowls. Not only does it taste good, but burns so clean and dry that I don't think it'd make a huge bowl gurgle.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I buy 5100 by the pound; and I'm currently working on a freshly opened pint jar that's been aging for almost two years. This blend is considered to be ideal for aging (cellaring) in that it undergoes one of the greatest transformations of any tobacco. If you can't cellar bulk tobacco try McCranie's Red Ribbon. There are two crop vintages that I know of: 1983 and, I think, 2000.
Just moments ago I was the beneficiary of a rapturous confluence of mood, chemistry, circumstance, pipe and tobacco, which elevated a mundane bowlful of C&D's Haunted Bookshop to the sublime experience for which we pipe smokers live. I wish you all the same epicurean delight from your pipes.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Cortez, I am going to take your advice on the 5100. I've always thought about ordering some.

Status
Not open for further replies.