PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have never seen so many 5 year old Zombie Threads come back to life. Aside from the interesting info in the thread, there are a cast of characters/members that are gone for one reason or another. Interesting, all of it.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I'm curious why one user seems to be digging up five year old threads, mostly started by Kevin, and adding a single mostly irrelevant comment.
Can I ask that this practice be stopped?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
New kids! Gotta luv em! It is a bit of a drag to see how many are no longer active. I wonder how many never woke up one morning. My, how maudlin that thought was!
I believe someone posted they were reviving old threads to build post count. The lazy man's way to build count. A few are interesting though.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Not unique to this site, apparently:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1858&bih=963&q=zombie+threads&oq=zombie+threads&gs_l=img.3...3158.8013.0.8701.14.11.0.3.3.0.159.616.10j1.11.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.13.620.MJufsyLc7Ac#imgrc=_

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo bi
I think there are a couple of others doing the zombie thang. Actually the old threads that have been brought back this cycle are pretty interesting. I like them.
hp

les

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I'm going to side with the "keep 'em coming" crowd. Many of the names of the participants on those old(er) discussions are no longer around, and new guys sign up here every day.
In fact, it can be argued that the earlier bb threads found anywhere on the Net, regardless of the area of interest, are the most substantive. It was "new tech" at the time, and people hadn't yet been wooed to InstaGanny, Twooter, SnapperChat, BookFace, and etc.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
It is a bit of a drag to see how many are no longer active. I wonder how many never woke up one morning.
When I see an old thread and an old member I think the same thing.
I also like seeing old threads around. Actually when I have a question, I search forums and in case of not finding any results I open a new thread.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I like Zombie threads. It's like looking at an old Sears catalog or something. Weird clothes and hair styles, outdated slang and colloquialisms. I've started new threads knowing there was already a thread about the topic, cause I'm a rebel. A lame, lonely rebel. :oops:

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Oh, we have rules. Very old rules. Probably written in years-old posts.
I'd say "Cool! Keep 'em coming!". One feature request: It may be nice if on the feed we display the date of the first post (or age or something). People can choose to skip if they have more information. Clicks are expensive, man.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Would love to see Lawrence on here again from time to time. Learned alot from his comments, and got a few laughs as well. The older posts also bring to light info some of the new pipers may be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.