PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It's good to see them occasionally- it's interesting to see how things have changed over the past 5 years....

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
" Dunhill Tobacco Source " That was really helpful, and questions about an ebay item also from five years ago... well done.
picardwtf.jpg

billkay, unless you also log in as iatia, I had no idea that you were even reviving dead posts. I hadn't seen one from you. So, I wasn't talking about you. But, welcome to the forums.
If it is done every now and then, sure no problem. But, when it is done intentionally every few minutes, it makes it hard to see and respond to current members that are looking for feedback or have genuine questions. Their inquireys get pushed down the list.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Doesn't one tilt at windmills? I would, except they keep moving when I approach....
All zombie threads are before my time here, and many of them are interesting to me. YMMV.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@billkay -
"Make yourself at home. Feel free to adjust the furniture, just warn us if you are going to redecorate the entire room"- like cosmic said.
Just don't touch the thermostat!! I just got comfortable.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I'll put this here just to add clarity: iatia=spud.
The way I see it, an "English-as-a-second-language" member who was trusted under a previous username is attempting to get back to the status that he used to have.
I agree that it can be tedious wading through old posts of dubious relevance, but some of them are educational for newer members.
If padding their post count is the goal, I think the most effective way would be to post in the monthly "What Are You Smoking?" thread. Since there's no "Truth-in-Pipesmoking" police, throwing in the occasional "what I wish I was smoking" as something you actually smoked would likely not be challenged. Not that I endorse that behavior, but it would be less intrusive to the segment of the community that doesn't like the necro-bumps.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
..., because

1) They're interesting

2) The forum policy (as I read it) is to not start new threads when there's an existing thread on that same topic

3) Sorry of my contributions don't rise to the quality level you expect, and mostly

4) There seems to be a divergence in opinion possible as to whether people are here for information or entertainment. I'm information-oriented
OMG, this times 1000. This is the best response to a complaint oriented thread that I have read in recent years! If this were the world of online video games, you have been PWNED!!!!! billkay, you freakin rock my man!
Sorry jack, gotta call em like I see em.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
As someone mostly here for the comraderie and to learn from sage clenchers, I often pine for the day one of my threads has the activity of a Zombie/Necro Thread. :rofl:

Because I'm a new member I'm not allowed to swap things I can get here for pipe tobacco.

I was a member with lots of posts under the handle of "spud", Maybe on of the mods would add that total to my new handle so I can do swaps.

From iatia's post via ericthered.
I would be wary of anyone who wants to trade really, really bad. Sure, we all like to trade, but it was not even in the top 20 reasons that I wanted to be a part of this forum. Just sayin'

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Oh, we have rules. Very old rules. Probably written in years-old posts.
I like to think of the rules as a "living document" ... to be interpreted in whatever manner is convenient for present purposes. It's just too tedious and frustrating to be restrained by whatever the obsolete intent of the site founder was in bygone days.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Hey Cosmic, did you see there's a thread on "manly pipes" going on over there? Oh, yeah, I guess you did. :wink:
EDIT: Am I missing something here? Why didn't "Spud" come back as "Spud"?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The forum policy (as I read it) is to not start new threads when there's an existing thread on that same topic
Otherwise known as the "put all the information on one sub-topic in the same place" rule.
Good idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0oa4lVaZI

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If a thread is older than 4 years, 10 months, three days, and 12 hours old then it has no business being resurrected and the perpetrator who does so will be deemed pariah and run off the site, you have been warned.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I would just like to take a moment to congratulate iatia on achieving member status.

Status
Not open for further replies.