PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Does anyone out there have issues with using a regular Zippo versus the pipe lighter Zippo? (Other than the obvious first hit of fuel taste, of course which is intrinsic to both.)

JMcQ

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 9, 2019
Atlantic Beach, FL
So far, my Zippo is my favorite pipe lighter. Wooden matches are a second but not always practical. I haven't gotten a pipe insert yet. They don't sell the insert by itself on the Zippo site and out of principle, can't get myself to buy a whole new lighter.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
So far, my Zippo is my favorite pipe lighter. Wooden matches are a second but not always practical. I haven't gotten a pipe insert yet. They don't sell the insert by itself on the Zippo site and out of principle, can't get myself to buy a whole new lighter.
That is exactly my dilemma. I would like to get the "pipe" lighter, but like the customized Zippos better.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
That is exactly my dilemma. I would like to get the "pipe" lighter, but like the customized Zippos better.
Apparently you guys don't know this but you can send the lighter in to Zippo and they will send you the old insert plus a pipe insert inserted in the body for free. ?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I find the pipe insert reduces gas flavor a lot. I think it's the angle or something like that. Also I do find it works better then any other lighter. For the char I hold the lighter vertically straight up and tilt the pipe slightly towards the flame this seems to give a nearly perfect coverage when you practice, then for the one or two relights that always happen just hold the hole on the chimney over the bowl and hit the tobacco three times with the flame in short puffs about almost a second long. Nothing has worked as well for me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I still prefer my 80 year old Nimrod.

img_20141203_105358-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.