PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
It’s been Ryback in a cob for my first smoke for the last couple months. Before that it was 5 Brothers. I like a strong blend in the AM, and a quicker burning shag cut means it’s a fast smoke out in the cold air to get the blood flowing.

If I’ve got the time, and it’s not -323 degrees out, I like Chelsea Morning or Habana Daydream to start up on a lazy morning.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Lately it's been my main whole leaf blend with kentucky, stoved and black stoved red and bright virginias, orientals(basma and prelip) and some perique.

Reactions: dcon and elasmo
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Reading this thread has made me realize how different people's objectives are for their pipe smoking. I start the day with one of my mildest blends. I also prefer a light to medium roast coffee. I'm surprised by the number of folks that start their day with a full bodied nic bomb. Not implying this is wrong in the least as people should do what they enjoy the most.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Not much of a morning smoker, but it's usually Salmon River.. though I'll have to find a new one as I can no longer order this ?

• Sad
Reactions: Toast

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Depends on the day, on the weekend mornings it's either a mild burley/otc or a light English with coffee and cream. During the week it is more often than not the bottom ¼ of a bowl of whatever I was smoking the night before with black coffee to wake up.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Lately I have been smoking the following for first bowl of the day.
Wessex Gold Slice
Rotary Navy Cut
Dunhill Flake
Capstan Blue Flake
Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug
Brigham Klondike Gold
There are probably a few more but I can't remember them right now.

I have always started with something mild and then went stronger as the day progressed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm the breakfast cook and also bring in the paper and give the cats their first daily feeding, so I don't find time for a morning smoke. Also, I'm a moderate smoker, so I time my smoke or two so I have time to savor it/them. If I did morning smoking, I think I'd tend toward Virginias more; as is, I lean toward burley.