PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I remember it like it was three months ago, mainly because it was three months ago. I felt like I wanted to smoke a pipe and headed up the High Street to see what I could find. I ended up with a $15 pipe (I paid $25), pipe of no particular distinction. Still not sure what material it's made of, but it was what was available in a local headshop. The pipe has a stinger. I added some Lane 1Q from a nearby B&M and sat down with their intro to pipe smoking leaflet. Somehow, I managed not to do anything to put myself off forever. Three months later I don't use that pipe any longer and I am not currently enjoying Lane 1Q.

Reactions: diamondback

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
My first was an Italian made basket briar, and the baccy was a blend called 24 Karat made by PipeWorld of Austin, TX.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
one month ago: Missouri corn cob and Captain Black gold.

I was at Harrods over the summer and saw their pipe shop and became enchanted. I had never smoked tobacco previously, nor had any inclination until that day.

The jury is still out for me for the long-term, but I sure do like the relaxation and drawing on the pipe. The taste I am still getting used to.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
My first pipe was a drugstore cob and Prince Albert in a pocket-sized can when I was a junior in high school in 1958. My first real pipe was a London Royal billiard from the same drugstore when I went off to college in 1959. I smoked it off and on until I graduated from college with an ROTC commission and took it to Korea with me in 1964. I left it on a bench at a firing range and when I went back to fetch it found it was AWOL. Nice pipe, I wish I still had it.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
Dr Grabow and Borkum Riff Cherry, gosh help me, in the summer of 1974, Austin, Texas.

still going strong after 45 years!!?? I am new to this, so that is great to see. If I get a healthy 45 years of piping, that gets me to 92 years old, at which point I am happy to accept whatever fate I encounter!

I hope you have decades more enjoyment with your pipe

Cheers
Drew

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Dorm room 1985 - Velvet in a cheap bent billiard I bought together at the local tobacco shop. My most memorable smoking at the time was mean green in a little blue ceramic whale.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I bought a couple of 5th Ave cobs off ebay and when they arrived I drove to the nearest tobacconist and bought tins of Dunhills EMP and SG Balkan flake. My first bowl was Balkan flake

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
still going strong after 45 years!!?? I am new to this, so that is great to see. If I get a healthy 45 years of piping, that gets me to 92 years old, at which point I am happy to accept whatever fate I encounter!

I hope you have decades more enjoyment with your pipe

Cheers
Drew
Thank you Drew72.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Middleton's apple and a cob was my first on purpose. 2011. I was listening to Donovan's Greatest Hits alot because it was stuck in my car CD player. I can hardly hear Donovan without thinking about learning to smoke a pipe. I smoke on the 20 to 30 min to and from work.

I remember smoking some cherry tobacco, that came in a 1 lb bag from K-Mart, out of one of my friends parents pipe in the late 1990's. I think it was a grabow but the weed flavor was stronger than the cherry tobacco. I don't count that as the first.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Middleton's apple and a cob was my first on purpose. 2011. I was listening to Donovan's Greatest Hits alot because it was stuck in my car CD player. I can hardly hear Donovan without thinking about learning to smoke a pipe. I smoke on the 20 to 30 min to and from work.

I remember smoking some cherry tobacco, that came in a 1 lb bag from K-Mart, out of one of my friends parents pipe in the late 1990's. I think it was a grabow but the weed flavor was stronger than the cherry tobacco. I don't count that as the first.

Major props for Donovan! I love his music.
“Yellow is the color of my true love’s hair...”

He’s one of several artists I have with me at all times (unless I’ve lost my phone lol).

/cheers

Reactions: bnichols23
Status
Not open for further replies.