PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I didn't know you were such a piping veteran! ?

I got a head start at 17. Although 'veteran' may be too strong of a designation.

How long ago was your first pipe smoking experience, Olkofri? I love that your fist pipe was a churchwarden. Fantastic!

Reactions: tfdickson

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Some unmemorable whiskey aro from my old local B&M in this pipo.
View attachment 9517

That was 8 years ago.

I always liked the shape of those; never got around to buying one...

This GiGi/Mastercraft Seville & Torben Dansk are some shorter pipes that fit well and feel good in my hand though...

CC97-ACD9-789-F-42-DC-804-F-E075-F8-B65-CB4.jpg

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I got a head start at 17. Although 'veteran' may be too strong of a designation.

How long ago was your first pipe smoking experience, Olkofri? I love that your fist pipe was a churchwarden. Fantastic!
How about 'seasoned'? Seasoned Thyme? ?

(Don't mind me, I've an utterly arch and silly sense of humour [or lack thereof]).

I picked up the (that) pipe at the end of August AD 2017. Had been interested for quite some time before that, but I was hoping I could own my home first so as to not be constrained by apartment building regulations. When I saw that was just not happening, I said 'what the heck' and drove to the local tobacconist and bought that pipe and my first 25 grams.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
This GiGi/Mastercraft Seville & Torben Dansk are some shorter pipes that fit well and feel good in my hand though...

That rusticated Torben Dansk is incredibly charming. Nosewarmers are underrated.

believe my first pipe was a Dr. Grabow, and a tin of Half & Half I bought at the BX when I was stationed at Mtn. Home AFB in 1981. That didn’t exactly go well since I didn’t know what the hell I was doing...

Thank you for your service, Craig. I don't think anybody's first pipe smoking experience is flawless, especially without knowing how to pack, sip and tamp.

Reactions: tfdickson

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
How about 'seasoned'? Seasoned Thyme? ?
Hey, that's fitting. ? Your sense of humor doesn't go unappreciated.

You mentioned your outdoor smoking situation the other day. I'm glad it didn't dissuade you from picking up your first pipe. I'd ask about the tobacco, but I want to see if anybody's astute enough to guess correctly.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
OMG my memory is hazy from that long ago. 69 0r 70 maybe. I vaguely remember a cob and a pocket pipe. Not sure which came first. Cob was for fishing, definitely. Tobacco was Half & Half for fishing and Velvet for civilization. At least that is how I remember it today. Tomorrow might be different.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Don't really remember. 10 or 12 years ago? I do know it was a no name basket pipe with Dunhill 3 year matured Virginia.

The stem eventually loosened up on the pipe and then one day whilst in mid-smoke the bowl rolled over and fell off the stem into my lap. That was the end of that pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.