PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Interesting pipe! Who makes it? Howdoes it smoke?
Jef
Hey there Jef. ?

It's a Big Ben Pipo from Holland and I find that it smokes incredibly well for a pocket pipe. I've kept it around through several pipe cullings but don't reach for it as often as I should.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
They still make them, by the looks of it: Al Pascià - Big Ben Pipo White Polish - pipe 665 - Pipes - Big b - https://www.alpascia.com/en/product/41380/big-ben-pipo-white-polish

GALLERY_DETAIL_big-ben-pipe-A630A.jpg

Cute little things. I might add one to my wishlist.

Mar 1, 2014
About 6 years ago I made a trade with a buddy exchanging a knife for a pipe made to order out of some local tree. I think he unrolled a Cigarillo for tobacco.
Not a bad pipe all told, thinking now it's kind of amazing he got a 4" stem drilled reasonably well with just a simple drill press.
Only problem now is a knot on the stem started leaking.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Raspberries & Cream bulk tobacco from a local B&M. Can't really remember exactly which pipe was first. It was probably a basket pipe, Grabow, or a little meer. That was probably 15 years ago. I don't really go for aromatics anymore but that Raspberries & Cream blend always has a soft spot for me. Sadly I found out it was a McClelland blend...damnit. ?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
A corncob from a gas station store when I was a kid along with some tobacco from the same store. Folks running it were apparently unaware that underage people like me are prohibited from making these purchases. Not too long after that I got my hands on a long stemmed clay pipe sold at a museum type store (where I grew up played a significant part in the American War for Independence/Revolutionary War). I was very young and used to smoke while wading in a stream and fishing.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Raspberries & Cream bulk tobacco from a local B&M. Can't really remember exactly which pipe was first. It was probably a basket pipe, Grabow, or a little meer. That was probably 15 years ago. I don't really go for aromatics anymore but that Raspberries & Cream blend always has a soft spot for me. Sadly I found out it was a McClelland blend...damnit. ?
Newminster Blackberry Brandy may fill that void.?

Status
Not open for further replies.