PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I keep quite a few tv shows and movies on my hard drives. It would take too long to make a separate list, so here are the tv series and movie series. Individual movies are elsewhere. Sometimes I add or delete one, but here's the current list of favorites. puffy

View attachment 205639
I’m assuming Poirit is the David Suchet series? He is my penultimate depiction of the Belgian sleuth👍

Jan 27, 2020
I should of also mentioned the original British Utopia. That was amazing and sadly cancelled after 2 season.

And the best animated show I've ever seen: Primal.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I'm not a huge fan of television overall, as I find most shows far too demanding for too little reward. But, there are two that always stick out to me for their excellence: Mad Men and Batman: The Animated Series. I find myself going through both series at least once every few years. B:TAS is great because it actually understands its source material and makes the best of it while taking full advantage of its television medium. Mad Men is just breathtakingly good. I could go on and on if someone dared me.

As for my third one? That varies from day to day. Daredevil is excellent, even if its second season falters a bit and the beginning of the third season relies on the mediocre The Defenders show for important context. For sitcoms, All in the Family is a riot and one of the few I enjoy. For childhood nostalgia, The Real Ghostbusters is #1. Utterly adored that cartoon as a kid, and some of the best episodes still hold up to this day.