PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Dragnet
Adam-12
M*A*S*H
M*A*S*H was interesting. First of all, the movie was better. I binge watched the TV show a few years ago and felt the show got better over time.
I thought the characters of Frank Burns and Colonel Blake were a little thin. Replacing them with Major Winchester and Captain Potter was a significant improvement. Also Klinger’s role improved significantly over the course of the series.
The author of the book Richard Hornberger on whom the Hawkeye character was based was an alumnus of my college. He only got $25,000 for the rights.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
M*A*S*H was interesting. First of all, the movie was better. I binge watched the TV show a few years ago and felt the show got better over time.
I thought the characters of Frank Burns and Colonel Blake were a little thin. Replacing them with Major Winchester and Captain Potter was a significant improvement. Also Klinger’s role improved significantly over the course of the series.
The author of the book Richard Hornberger on whom the Hawkeye character was based was an alumnus of my college. He only got $25,000 for the rights.
I would totally agree with your comments about the TV series getting better as it progressed.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As an adult, the first two maybe three seasons of "Hill Street Blues". Lost interest as it changed in to a soap opera.

As a child? Watching Annette grow up/out on the "Mickey Mouse Club". A fascinating metamorphosis to be sure.

A third? Tough choices. Maybe "Wanted Dead or Alive" or "Maverick". Selleck's Jesse Stones stories are certainly up there. Tough to choose the "also rans". "Doc Martin" and "Ballykissangle" must be considered.
I LOVED Ballykissangle!

On Britbox for those interested.

Reactions: scloyd and warren

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mine are regular shows,not streamed series.

I Claudius, PBS
Upstairs Downstairs PBS (The original series in black and white)
Are You Being Served PBS

Runners Up:

Seinfeld
Fawlty Towers PBS
Cheers
Carol Burnette
You Bet Your Life/Groucho Marx
Meet the Press with Lawrence Spivak as moderator, 1950's
Soupy Sales