PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
A while back, my wife and I were hooked on a series called McMafia, I think from Amazon prime. It seems they only did one season. Another series that made me laugh a lot was Fargo, also on prime video, the first season. I haven't been able to watch Yellowstone yet, it seems to be one of the best in its genre. At home we don't have these entertainment platforms, so I take advantage of some vacations, at my sister-in-law's house.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Quite a few of you seem to like Sherlock Holmes. Here's what's in my Sherlock folder in case any of you are looking for more titles. There are others out there, but these are the ones I like. (Sherlock is a tough character to play well.) And for those who like audiobooks and old time radio there is a ton of stuff on the net. I liked "Sherlock Homes vs. Dracula" very much. puffy

aaaImage1.jpg

Last edited:

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
That's crazy I'm scrolling and scrolling and here the latest comment finally

1.THE TWILIGHT ZONE
2.DR WHO ( Tom Baker > Peter Davison)
3.THE MUPPET SHOW

They don't make like they used to do they

Not even a little bit. I work with a fair amount of younger people (the result of going to school later in life) and they mock me when I mention my affinity for the old Doctor Who and my aversion to the new. They can't understand the appeal of pre-CGI effects and actors pondering about in rubber l suits. Invariably, they are surprised when I tell them about Douglas Adams' tenure as script editor during the Tom Baker years. Maybe such is life for people who grew up with CGI.

I just think the dialogue in the new version is too zippy and modern and unbelievable, and there is something lost when CGI creates flawless effects. I originally got into sci-fi due to the way it lit up my imagination - I found a lot of that missing in the new series.

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr