PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Red Fox was an amazing comic. I always recall his joke about how one of his parents was Black and the other was White. He said, "I didn't know who to hate." Sanford and Son has to be on my list somewhere.

Sanford's buddy Grady said he'd bought a peacoat. Sanford sniffed and said, "Did you know that when you bought it?"

And of course Sanford's clutching his chest, saying, "Helen, Helen, I'm coming," feigning a fatal heart attack.

Red Fox always did a lot of "blue," sexual material as a stand-up, but when he went to TV, he proved he didn't need that and could still be hilarious.
Hahahaha! Great citation Tom!

Fred G. Sandford's deceased wife's name was actually Elizabeth "I'm coming to join ya, honey!' Sanford.
sanford-fred.jpg

BTW - Lawanda Page who played the part of the Fred's Sister-in-Law, Aunt Esther, knew Redd Foxx from way back in their club circuit days, and they both did comedy 'party' albums... all VERY blue material; some available on YouTube for your listening pleasure. I think LaWanda's club act was even more blue than Redd's!! - Sherm Natman

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Three? I've been watching TV since the late 1940s!
However, here are three of my top 100 (or more):
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Tonight Show (especially Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson)
Granada Television's Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Three? I've been watching TV since the late 1940s!
However, here are three of my top 100 (or more):
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Tonight Show (especially Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson)
Granada Television's Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)
There's 42 Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes episodes that are available on YouTube channel MurderMysteries (all one word).

They are good.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
There are so many great shows coming out these days that it's hard to pick! Below are the favs that I used to watch over and over growing up.

M*A*S*H
MacGyver
Star Trek: The Next Generation

Reactions: Deano
Jan 27, 2020
In no particular order

Seinfeld
Midsomer Murders
The Office (US version)

Really wanted to put Frasier in the list as well...... Oh well, I've never really been good at picking favorites...

Fraiser holds up surprisingly well.