PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One of y’all should start some sort of web series like hot ones but with pipes and tobacco blends. Get a bunch of famous celebs to try pipes for the first time. My votes are for @Chasing Embers and @cosmicfolklore to host. I’d tune in. I can’t tell if I’m joking or not but I actually would watch that and I’m sure all of y’all would too. :ROFLMAO:
Other than having an aversion to social smoking, having all of my pipe and tobacco videos on YouTube deleted ended my interest in anything video related.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Pretty much everyone I'd smoke with has already been claimed, and therefore probably wouldn't have any free time for my ass in their shit-shooting schedule for months, thanks to all you sycophantic sonsofbitches! nnnn

All joking aside, I'd gladly smoke with Bill Hicks. Who knows, I might even convert him from cigs to a pipe. Lane BCA's room note ought to do the trick...

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
I have four people on my list that I would love to smoke a bowl or two with.

-CS Lewis
-Reinhold Niebuhr
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer - (Although I think he smoked primarily cigarettes and some cigars, at least one source I found said he smoked a pipe as well).

-Ronald Reagan, just because I would love to talk today's political situation with him, and because I enjoyed his sense of humor.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Pretty much everyone I'd smoke with has already been claimed, and therefore probably wouldn't have any free time for my ass in their shit-shooting schedule for months, thanks to all you sycophantic sonsofbitches! nnnn

All joking aside, I'd gladly smoke with Bill Hicks. Who knows, I might even convert him from cigs to a pipe. Lane BCA's room note ought to do the trick...
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.

- Bill Hicks

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Hunter Thompson, Tolkien, Einstein, & Twain would be my choice(s). I doubt sitting down with HST, would be a relaxing conversation, & probably one I wouldn’t remember. The other 3 would be a lot of fun & just as mind bending, if in a different way.
Oh! & Bill Bryson. One of my favorite authors & I seem to remember him mentioning having an occasional pipe.

Last edited:
Hunter Thompson
I've read most of his books. He just seems terrifying. I've heard and read stories of him holding guns on friends (big named celebrities) in his delusional states. Seems like fun, till the gun is in your face. I think I would pass on hanging out with that freak. He can write a witty twist of phrase though. Just too batshit for me.

Oh! & Bill Bryson. One of my favorite authors & I seem to remember him mentioning having an occasional pipe.
Love Bryson's books too. I don't ever recall him mentioning a pipe, but I read most of his earlier work years ago. I actually met him at a book signing many years ago, before he was as famous as he is now. I am not one to stand in line, so I didn't get his autograph. As always I just showed up to look for a book, and the book promotion was going on.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Ok, you fine fellas reminded me of one more to add. Dr Seuss! I forgot he smoked a pipe. So that's Seuss, Graham Chapman, and one other. I think I have the one other figured out.

There's a artist I've admired long before I heard of him. Given the chance I'd love to sit with him for a afternoon or evening of the best tobaccos and even better conversation stretching over art, tobacco, and life itself. And FWIW, I think if I were to bring Graham Chapman and Dr Seuss, along with my fantastic cooking skills and comfortable home, I think Jim Amash could be convinced to stop by.