PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I like Windjammer more, but Navigator is not one of my favorite Pease blends (though it's far from a bad blend). To my tastes, Windjammer is sweeter and richer, and has a bit more of a "darker" flavor profile. I can taste the rum more in Windjammer as well, though again, the topping is beautifully done and I would certainly not consider it an aromatic. They seem to be of a similar strength level. You should absolutely try it, though I think all GLP blends are at least worth trying.

Keep in mind, this is based off two entire bowls of Windjammer, and one tin of Navigator from like a year ago. So please take with salt.
Sounds yummy, I occasionally binge Navigator & love several GLP vaperish blends

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
If you already don't like the perique Im not sure aging it will do you any good. If Im not mistaken perique is already aged due the long process of creating it.
I enjoy perique in smaller amounts. But quite often aging a blend marries (melds) in the different tobaccos and smooths things out.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
My tin finally arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to spark it up. Its what I call a dessert blend (not to be confused with desert). Its very rich and satisfying but not something you'd want to smoke all day. Has a healthy dose of perique. Its also very easy mechanically, the cut is just right and it behaves nicely in the pipe.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
I’ve had 3 bowls and I’m already very into it. I can’t comment on its relation to other similar Pease blends (navigator, haddos, etc) but my gosh is it delicious. Everything from the topping to the individual tobaccos is blended and balanced to perfection. Excited to see how this blend ages. Only bought 2 tins...will likely buy 5+ more next order. Well done Mr. Pease!

Status
Not open for further replies.