PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
After 3 bowls of it - it's not to my likings. Waaaay' too much perique which overbears everything else. I'll jar it up and hope aging helps it. IMO, this is nothing close to Haddo's. At all.

One star and 2 thumbs down. And this is coming from a GLP "fan-boy."

I'd rather have pineapple on my pizza.
Do you think some age will tame the perique?

I saw a review by Shane that said age will do good things for it. I bought 2 tins but thinking I’ll let it age before smoking it.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Will aging help it ? One can only hope. Both went into mason jars and will be forgotten for a while, I couldn't smoke any more of it. Just add it to my list in which any tobacco with a ship on it ? I dislike. Damn' ships. "Literally like totally,"

Disclaimer: Remember this is just my opinion and I'm not a heavy perique fan. I think lots of other guys will like this blend.

I think I'll go fire up some of GLP's Spark Plug as that stuff is the schitz'. And the aftertaste is Heaven.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I think I'll go fire up some of GLP's Spark Plug...
I can’t get on board with Spark Plug due to its hideous tin art. No joke. It makes me think the tobacco is going to taste like rust, or I’m a mechanic or something. The name and tin art just killed it for me. Obviously, that’s just me, as many others like it. To each their own.

As I’ve heard someone say: pipe smoking is also done with the eyes.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I can’t get on board with Spark Plug due to its hideous tin art. No joke. It makes me think the tobacco is going to taste like rust, or I’m a mechanic or something. The name and tin art just killed it for. Obviously, that’s just me, as many others like it. To each their own.

As I’ve heard someone say: pipe smoking is also done with the eyes.
You may be onto something there. My first profession was heavy equipment/diesel mechanic so I love the name, tin art and the greasy taste and smell...lol

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
You may be onto something there. My first profession was heavy equipment/diesel mechanic so I love the name, tin art and the greasy taste and smell...lol
Now that you describe it as “greasy” I may actually have to give it a try. It was either Penzance, Nightcap or Artisan’s Blend (or all three) that has an “oily” taste, and I quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.