Will Deeming Regs Hit The Grassroots Smoker?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I'm for Legalizing cannabis, but you can't deny the hypocrisy.
I’ve never smoked cannabis in my life, and don’t really have any ambition to do so. I don’t really care whether they legalize it. Maybe if they do, people will stop villainizing tobacco. The old “slippery slope” might actually work in our favor, fingers crossed.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It wasn’t named tobacco as a racist insinuation to make it illegal. Cannabis was called Marijuana to make it sound Mexican and to create a prohibition that could lead to better control of the Mexican population of the Southwest.
I'm half Shawnee, you don't hear me complain about the word Indian, and not the place for weed talk.

Reactions: Pipelady20

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Just a question do you inhale cannabis? I am seriously asking because I have never smoke cannabis. And will it give you cancer?
yes and no. It's kind of funny because it's actually kind of a head scratcher as to why no cancer. Cause it seems like it should be carcinogenic but there is some reason it's not. Like really inhaling anything with smoke should at least increase it somewhat. It's kind of like if there was a really rich cake and it didn't make people fat.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Never could do MJ. Childhood bronchial pneumonia made me sensitive to some fumes including those. I sure never tried to explain that to happy puffers. I'd just accept another Lager or bourbon and keep smiling. Folks took me swimming in Lake Michigan a little too early, before July 4, I guess. But it was a generational handicap.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I think he's wrong. You can't get rid of something that's got a market like this.

I hope I'm wrong... but you gotta know we are rare birds, pipe smokers that is. All smokers combined make up somewhere around 15% of the population. Pipe smokers are a tiny percentage of that 15%.. and some percentage of those pipe smokers support anti-smoking laws. A large part of the total 15% are people who are ashamed that they smoke cigarettes, and wouldn't lift a finger to protect that right.

Again, I hope you're right.. Cigars must have the right supporters even though there can't be many. They seem to be exempt from the current anti-smoking stuff. Which is crazy, because I'd bet most of the cigar market is made up of cigarillos, that are used to make blunts for weed smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.