PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
it seems mine might be out for delivery with UPS with another surepost item (lawnmower blade).
didn't get it handed off in time?

Reactions: rushx9
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
My package that has said it’s in Carrollton, TX for a week arrived today. I’m smoking some of it now. Tracking still says it’s in Carrolltonawaiting USPS to accept the package. ??
And yes, I refreshed the tracking page every time I checked it.
I was starting to lose faith it would ever show up.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
So we were talking about whether or not pros read threads, right?
Umm, well, think they’re all over this?

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Not sure what you mean.
I think you’re being obtuse.
In case you’re genuinely mystified, this thread started with a legitimate question: why did SP choose a sucky delivery system.
Sykes answered that question early on. Regardless, the blah blah continues onward a few pages, long after the question had been concluded.
That’s not to say that there hasn’t been what forum members consider legitimate discussion, I just thought I’d cross threads to give an example of why pros might not hover on our every word.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
In case you’re genuinely mystified, this thread started with a legitimate question: why did SP choose a sucky delivery system.
Sykes answered that question early on. Regardless, the blah blah continues onward a few pages, long after the question had been concluded.
That’s not to say that there hasn’t been what forum members consider legitimate discussion, I just thought I’d cross threads to give an example of why pros might not hover on our every word.
Well yeah and it wouldn’t be polite to keep arguing on about it like we are. If someone asked about something work related I’d pop in answer and be gone. No point in arguing over the Internet.

and I simply was curious why retailers switch to it.. and it answered that question.

but to me the question remains if the monetary savings are worth it. They may very well be to the business, even if a few customers get panties bunched.

that was all.. intended to be a friendly discussion and also a resounding “surepost itself sucks”.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
If you look at your last question in the post which I was referencing, your question could be taken two different ways, both equally probable given the context of the thread:

1)
In other words, a sarcastic question meaning “do you think they’re staying abreast?”

2)
In other words, “do you think they’re done with reading any more posts in this thread?”

In any case, the frustration with a demonstrably crappy delivery service was not, in my opinion, and certainly not in my posts, aimed at Smokingpipes in any way. I think they are an exemplary business, and I said so in the other thread. My suggestion was that if Surepost is the delivery method, it would be nice if it were stated as such in the shipping options, so that folks who have had bad experiences with it have the foresight to avoid it.

And no one gets to call me obtuse except my wife. ?

Reactions: jmill208 and BROBS

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
If you look at your last question in the post which I was referencing, your question could be taken two different ways, both equally probable given the context of the thread:

1)
In other words, a sarcastic question meaning “do you think they’re staying abreast?”

2)
In other words, “do you think they’re done with reading any more posts in this thread?”

In any case, the frustration with a demonstrably crappy delivery service was not, in my opinion, and certainly not in my posts, aimed at Smokingpipes in any way. I think they are an exemplary business, and I said so in the other thread. My suggestion was that if Surepost is the delivery method, it would be nice if it were stated as such in the shipping options, so that folks who have had bad experiences with it have the foresight to avoid it.

And no one gets to call me obtuse except my wife. ?
Dude. Greg Pease is ducking you as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.