PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
And completely ruin their reputation of quick and painless delivery??

I ordered from Smokingpipes... the package shipped Thursday. It won’t be delivered until Wednesday as it sat 1.5 hours from here for 2 days and just left today. Then when it gets to town they hand it over to the post office and it takes one more day. So 6 days in transit. This is UPS surepost.

I ordered from Tobaccopipes. It shipped Saturday and is out for delivery today. This is USPS.

why on God’s green earth would a retailer switch to such unreliable and slow shipping?! It better be dirt cheap: as in half the price or even less of normal USPS to the retailer if they are willing to ruin their reputation of quick and painless delivery.

It’s one reason I never order from P&C anymore and now the reason I won’t order from SPC.

I don’t care if it’s “free shipping” as to get the free shipping you have to make a larger purchase, which in turn should pay the couple dollars difference to use Priority Mail.

Do they think the customer doesn’t care? How many customers has P&C lost due to their shitty shipping?

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Talk to our Canadian friends about their shipping woes and having tins confiscated. From their perspective we still have it pretty sweet all things considered. But yeah, the mail has gotten crazy slow over the last couple months.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Talk to our Canadian friends about their shipping woes and having tins confiscated. From their perspective we still have it pretty sweet all things considered. But yeah, the mail has gotten crazy slow over the last couple months.
It’s specifically UPS surepost. Which is where UPS transits the package and drops it off in your town with the post office. It’s the cheapest shittiest way for mail to arrive. My regular mail has not slowed down. Surepost always takes this long if not longer... even before this year.

And the Canadian’s problem is their own. They choose to live under the crown and have never fought that.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It’s not even that I’m in a hurry to get the package... it’s just painful watching it progress so slowly. How did a package get from further away (Florida) to here in basically one shipping day? Yet from a closer location (SC) it takes 7days???

I really would like to know how much cheaper surepost is than regular USPS.

Reactions: kg.legat0

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I placed an order at smoking pipes .com on Friday afternoon and it'll be at my house Tuesday. I think that's pretty good and to be honest I'm just happy I can get stuff through the mail because there is no retailers anywhere near me. Other than wild bills and simular stores that have 3 jars of "pipe tobaccos" or bags of roll your own "pipe tobaccos".

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I placed an order at smoking pipes .com on Friday afternoon and it'll be at my house Tuesday. I think that's pretty good and to be honest I'm just happy I can get stuff through the mail because there is no retailers anywhere near me. Other than wild bills and simular stores that have 3 jars of "pipe tobaccos" or bags of roll your own "pipe tobaccos".
Did you get free shipping?

and I’m simply saying that it’s a terrible switch to surepost from USPS and don’t understand why retailers do it... because it has to irritate more customers using it, and that it has to be a huge savings ?

Reactions: Bowie and Tommy Boy

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I've only had rapid shipping at SPC but I've not had an order in more than a month. I typically order enough for free shipping too

Reactions: BROBS

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
This is a discussion forum about B&Ms and Internet Retailers. This is a discussion about an internet retailer and others. No one said it’s a crisis. Are you sponsored by SPC? I hope you’re on the payroll.

Yea...what would I know about retailing over the internet? Hahahahaha You do realize that "free" shipping isn't free, right? Somebody has to pay to send YOUR package to YOU, right??? You are aware that money doesn't grow on trees, right???

NEWSFLASH: People sell shit to make money so they can live and feed their families. There is no free lunch.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I am not concerned about the time. The problem at P&C was they sold stuff they ended up not having in stock or they screwed up the shipping some other way. Their overall system is horribly screwed up.

Keep in mind there is no free ride. Companies attempt to keep their costs down in order to avoid price increases. I noticed Tobacco Pipes recently had some fairly significant price increases on some blends. If you're in a hurry, spend extra money and pay for an alternative shipping method at SP.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know. They shouldn't. But just to offer a counterpoint, so we aren't just doing "isn't it awful," sometimes a little longer wait provides a little longer anticipation, which is sometimes pleasant, if everything comes along appropriately otherwise. No one should be pipe smoking on a frenetic schedule.

Reactions: petes03

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I've never had any problems with SPC's shipping. But I'm staring at a tracking status of my latest shipment and for the first time I can recall, the shipment was sent through Atlanta, Georgia and it's been sitting there a couple days with an alert that "an emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery." Weather.com says they have a 15% chance of rain today so . . . there must be an emergency situation? Covid?

Reactions: 3rdguy and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yea...what would I know about retailing over the internet? Hahahahaha You do realize that "free" shipping isn't free, right? Somebody has to pay to send YOUR package to YOU, right??? You are aware that money doesn't grow on trees, right???

NEWSFLASH: People sell shit to make money so they can live and feed their families. There is no free lunch.
I'll pay .50 more per tin if they use USPS. Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.