PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
For the first time in years I will not be attending since I am holed up in Florida and staying there in good old remote Lutz until this whole Corona thing calms down. I was talking to my friend Ramazan from Meerschaum Depot last night and he will be attending and seemed to think the show was going ahead. Anyone who goes please do post pictures as I would be interested to see the how the turn out is for the Newark Pipe Show!

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I think many of us love to see the pics. Pipe smokers need to be seen by the public so we aren't seen as some kind of freaks. I feel the more shows the better. I wish these smokers a great show. I can't wait to see pics. Living in the Colorado mtns, I don't have the opportunity to go to any of the shows without great effort.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think this post was supposed to be related to the "New York" pipe show in Newark, N.J. Anyone with powers of observation has extreme views (some of us both negative and positive) about NYC and NJ, but some of us may want to go to this pipe show. Out of my range. Oddly, the Garden State has some beautiful country outside the chemical factory patch and several of its more ominous urban areas. I had a mentor who moved to the East Side in NYC and was there for years until the snow caved in the ceiling of his apartment's roof, injured him, and he litigated for years, won, and retired to New Mexico. Most confusing, when I knew him at a university campus in the Midwest years before, he thought NYC was a terrible place. He was an interesting soul, if somewhat dangerous. Now departed.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Today I missed the Newark show for the first time in many years. Coronavirus? Yes, indirectly. My daughter’s college shut down (physically, classes will resume on a remote basis) and I spent the day driving to & from Philly to move her out of her dorm. Other parents were doing the same thing. One looked at me as she was lugging a box to her car and said “surreal”. That about covers it.

For those that did make the show how was it? Was attendance decimated? What about exhibitors? I want to believe the answer is no...

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Today I missed the Newark show for the first time in many years. Coronavirus? Yes, indirectly. My daughter’s college shut down (physically, classes will resume on a remote basis) and I spent the day driving to & from Philly to move her out of her dorm. Other parents were doing the same thing. One looked at me as she was lugging a box to her car and said “surreal”. That about covers it.

For those that did make the show how was it? Was attendance decimated? What about exhibitors? I want to believe the answer is no...
Our baby, 18, is coming home two months early as well. Distance education I guess, refund on room and meal plan? You and yours take care?

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Our baby, 18, is coming home two months early as well. Distance education I guess, refund on room and meal plan? You and yours take care?

Interesting question on the refund. It’s logical but I’m not holding my breath; all companies, institutions and individuals are going to be financially stressed before this is done and there will be more than enough economic pain to go around.

Good luck to you & your family.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Interesting question on the refund. It’s logical but I’m not holding my breath; all companies, institutions and individuals are going to be financially stressed before this is done and there will be more than enough economic pain to go around.

Good luck to you & your family.
Yes, me neither I was just ruminating. We do not in fact have her home yet, so thoughts and prayers appreciated!

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.