Where do you smoke your pipe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Reading the threads about the state of pipe smoking and observations that not many pipe smokers are seen out and about these days, it got me to thinking... where do pipers on these forums most often smoke?

Is it mostly at home or do you also have places out there that you enjoy smoking?

For me, it is mostly at home on my porch and rarely out there... not many public places I can smoke that work for me. The exception is when I am fly fishing or hiking... :)

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I smoke outside, usually a smoking area with picnic tables in the back of my building. Last 3 or so years i have lived here you couldnt smoke in your apt anymore.

But if im going out, i take a pipe. Just walked a few blocks to buy some groceries and it was enough of a walk that i finished a 3/4 bowl of carter hall.

I did get a reaction to my pipe along the way. Someone coming toward me stepped off the sidewalk into the street ostentatiously coughing when he was about 15 feet away, i doubt he could have smelled the smoke. As he was in the street walking past me i heard him say something that sounded like m**r, and i looked hard at him, but he refused to meet my eye. :)

All in all it was a great walk, a little more entertaining than usual, a bit windy and a nice clement 36 degrees.

My attitude is that if someone doesnt like seeing me with a pipe in public they can damn well look somewhere else :)

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
I only smoke when under water. I'm not sure which one I should select. puffy

LOL

So currently there is a ratio of over 3 to 1, smoking at pretty much at home to otherwise. This is not perfect or scientific by any shape of the matter, but it does highlight the importance of a forum like this. I know I would have never taken up the pipe if it were not for the internet and pipes magazine.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
My local B&M has a smoking lounge, I stop there almost daily on my way home. If not there I have a local Pub with a smoking patio and I'll stop at to have a pint with my bowl. I will also have something when I get home, sitting on the back porch.

Reactions: indoeuro

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I smoke in/at my home about 2-3 times a week. I rarely find a place to smoke while at restaurants or bars and if so they are just cig smokers. I need the right surrounding to enjoy my pipe.

Reactions: whsergent
Status
Not open for further replies.