Where do you smoke your pipe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Mostly in my car. Never at home. You poll doesn't have enough choices.

Sorry. I was trying to keep it simple with the goal to indicate whether or not members are out and about or not. If they aren’t out much, then they are mostly underground and they won’t be seen. There’s a chance to be seen in a car, but not likely and I see your point. I guess there should have been an ‘other‘ option.

Reactions: diamondback

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
99% oudoors, which is not a voting option represented, so no vote.
Same with me. Almost always outside and typically on walks with the dogs (in woodlands and fields) but sometimes without my doggie friends. Never at home isn't an option. So I smoke a pipe theoretically in the public eye but, you know, I'm seldom seen.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
The small town I live in has a revitalized "uptown" scene. Nearly all of the bars and restaurants have outdoor patio seating that's smoker friendly. So when I go out, weather permitting, I always have a pipe on me. Sometimes I catch funny looks and upturned noses, but some days all the little ladies wanna tell me how much they love that scent that reminds them of their granddad or pops... it's kinda nice.

tradition

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2018
Connecticut, USA
I smoke cigars and my pipes mostly in my basement man-cave which is very well ventilated / heated and has all the conveniences one needs.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Usually at home. I used to sneak down the street to the local Catholic church where it was nice and quiet before I got kicked out.. One day before the old lady service at 3, I hopped into the priests confessional booth with a red bulbed flashlight and waited for the old ladies to come in and then when they did, I'd flick on the light and say in a deep voice "Confession your sins or face a lake of fire in purgatory!!!!" as a huge cloud of Old Ironside billowed out through the mesh screen. lol But I forgot about the pacemaker factor. You know how they say it's only funny until someone dies? It's still funny. It was wrong. But funny. I console myself my saying she lived a nice, long life. RFP Mabel.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I only smoke at home. Oh, and in front of the doctor's office just to be annoying.
(yes I am serious)
i really like that you smoke in front of the doctor's office. I am not that bold, and in fact have typically refrained from smoking my pipes on a day with a doctor or dentist visit UNTIL the visit has finished just to try to diminish the grief given.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Most of my smoking is in the command bunker (media room) in my house.

At the pipe club meetings, of course. Nice weather will sometimes find me outside at a local coffee house. Last weekend, I cursed the Ravens receivers on a heated smoking patio at a sports bar with some Cumberland.

My vehicles have been 2-wheelers for the last decade, so no piping there. I did just pick up my first 4-wheeler in a long time, but the damned thing is so clean, I doubt I'll pipe in there. My 5 mile commute isn't worth wasting a match, anyways.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
75% while walking my dog, 24% sitting outside my apartment or balcony, 1% at home (and non-Lat blends only) when the kids are away for a few days.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Had 25 minutes to kill this morning waiting for a store to open with another dozen people, so grabbed a takeaway coffee got in the Q and lit up a bowl

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
At my desk, in my chair, walking, behind the wheel, on the deck, at the beach, on the golf course, on the couch, on the can, at friends' houses, on boats, in the rehearsal studio, at the dinner table (holidays only), on the patio, and everywhere else it wouldn't be really inconsiderate and/or I can get away with it.

Reactions: TinCup

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
Out back on the patio, no smoking pass for indoors. Being in S. Arizona, the weather is almost always compatible with pipe smoking, except it does get a little toasty in the Summer.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Pretty much where ever I wish but, never in bars, grocery stores, or the like. As I have little to no interest in subjecting others to the stench I experience few conflicts. Keep in mind, I have the finest office in the world, Alaska, and do not often stumble across other humans except by design.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I smoke mainly outside anymore. I used to smoke indoors when I reviewed blends but I really don’t do that anymore.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Porch or garage for me. I don’t smoke as much as I think I’d like to. My cellar is in the same room as my home office and all day I just get to smell wafts of tobacco. I swear it’s all sealed well. Drives me bonkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.