PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Where do you smoke your pipe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Dokha

Lurker
Jan 15, 2020
Reading the threads about the state of pipe smoking and observations that not many pipe smokers are seen out and about these days, it got me to thinking... where do pipers on these forums most often smoke?

Is it mostly at home or do you also have places out there that you enjoy smoking?

For me, it is mostly at home on my porch and rarely out there... not many public places I can smoke that work for me. The exception is when I am fly fishing or hiking... :)

Everywhere. I own a tobacco shop. It's hard for me to get away from it haha

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Probably the last time I smoke a pipe on my favorite bench. On Saturday I leave Australia for Brazil (nope, I am not going to move to Canada or Djibouti any time soon...). One of my regular smoking buddies popped by to say goodbye...

yeah. It’s a bit dark being late evening and a lot of bush fire smoke in the air so not a great photo but significant to me anyway.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
P.s. currently I smoke 100% outdoors. Usually in the park or by the harbour and almost always when i am take my morning walk

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Hopefully one day indoors, in a room dedicated to my smoking/gaming/shenanigans with a nice air filter. perhaps a shed/mancave one day. Wife won't let me smoke inside and , to be honest I don't have a place to inside. "My" room is filled with her clothes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mostly I smoke in my study, and sometimes in other rooms. I have taken my pipes and blends on trips, but usually have limited time to enjoy them. I don't drive and smoke; I'm too one-track for that. I occasionally "lunt," smoke a pipe while walking, although my walks tend to outlast a bowl and repacking standing up is just so-so, scooping from a pouch into a pipe bowl. Definitely, smoking in the study is best.

Thepipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2020
WV
90% of my smokes are in my study. If the weather is nice I my go outside and have a pipe on my patio.

PipesRock

Jan 21, 2020
Florida
On the porch at home. Also at work I often have paperwork by mid afternoons and I'm fortunate to have a nice well covered smoking area where I can read and mark up documents while enjoying a pipe. Mostly all outdoors.
-Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.