PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Whenever I can. Usually 2-3 bowls/day on average. In the morning while having my coffee. While walking the dogs. In the car on the way to work. But the best bowls are generally in the evening on the patio when I don't have anything to do and can just reflect on the day, life in general, and the deliciousness of whatever I'm smoking.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
When I'm driving, mostly. I also like to have a smoke after church on Sundays: I park my car outside the building and enjoy (or try to) a pipe.

In the summer I sometimes lunt.

Reactions: kurtbob

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
I don’t smoke inside and I prefer to smoke when I can just sit and relax, though on occasion I will read a book or fly fish so there is no real pattern for me other than I need some downtime and decent weather.

Right now, the weather is lousy and I have not smoked for several days. I might get in a bowl tomorrow afternoon though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Probabilities of my having a pipe start about 11 a.m. and increase until about 11:30 p.m. Not often in the early hours or after midnight. I take days off now and then, from being busy, under the weather, or preoccupied.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the image of chasing asleep clenching a briar, and appreciate the fire safety feature of doing this unlit.

Reactions: gervais

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
I try and have a bowl every morning with my coffee. My wife doesn't allow me to smoke in the house, so I smoke in my gazebo (weather permitting) or in my insulated shop.
If things work out, I sometimes have an afternoon smoke as well.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
During the week, I frequently stop at a cigar lounge on the way home from work, then have another after dinner. I don't smoke in the car as I would like to sell it some day, but when I take the truck, I'll have a bowl on the way to work and another on the way back. I will have several on the weekend, as chores allow.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I smoke outside as weather and time allows. I prefer to have the time for a reflective 45 minute to 1 1/2 hr session. This usually translates to 2 bowls on weekends on the back deck with the dogs in the spring, summer and fall. Once the weather gets far below freezing and you add the wind chill, stationary reflection loses value. There are times when the general pattern increases or decreases in frequency.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I too smoke only outdoor, and usually walk the street out front or the cart path out back or just sit in a chair on the porch.
I get up EARLY, and within the first half hr, i'm out with either a freshly filled pipe or one that has just been sipped slightly the night before, and I walk about a half mile to a mile to get my system going.
By then I've got coffee. The second cup might go outside with me. I gotta keep it down to 2 cups if I want to keep my prostate 'happy'.
After that, I smoke about every 2 hours or so till bedtime, and typically a half hr to 45 min smoke. Sometimes walking, sometimes just doing the 'fishbanjo', standing there with my pipe in my jaw, all bundled up to face the fierce Florida winter's cold, puffing away, and enjoying every moment.

Reactions: diamondback

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
generally always in the evening once the kids are down and the day is done. sometimes, since i work from home, i can squeeze one in during a long teleconference that doesnt involve much talking on my end

Reactions: diamondback
Status
Not open for further replies.