PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Usually 10 a day. Lucky to have have a job where I can work on big trucks with a pipe hanging out of my face. During winter at the house, convert the covered back porch into a smoking lounge with plastic sheeting complete with propane fire pit!

Last edited:

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I’m an infrequent smoker. I can go for weeks without smoking a bowl. If I do grab a pipe, it’s in the evening during the week when I get home from work. The weekends I have off I try for 2-3 bowls during the different parts of the day. When I’m busy restoring my motorcycle or truck you can see me furiously clenching a Dagner Poker, unlit of course.

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
30 years ago I would have said all damn day. Back then I was rarely found without a pipe clamped in my teeth. But now I'm limited to outdoors, so good weather and time prevailing, it ends up being about 2 to 4 times a week; usually in the evenings with a cup of after dinner coffee or a glass of red wine. I also smoke differently now after comming back to a pipe from an almost 20 year hiatus from tobacco. I was a pretty much a one dimensional smoker back in the day. You used to find me puffing away like an old steam boiler on some kind of vanilla aromatic with an occasional straight burly thrown in for a change of pace. Nowadays you usually find me "slowly" smoking a lighter English blend or a split the difference American/English style tobacco. I enjoy smoking much more now and look forward to it for it's relaxation and contemplative qualities, rather than it being just some oral habit.

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
Whenever I get around to it...I've gone months without a bowl and then will hit a slow weekend and smoke 3 or 4 bowls. it all depends on what is going on at the time. The great thing is that I've never felt any withdrawal symptoms or urgency to have a smoke. I don't think I'll ever manage to exhaust my cellar at this pace. I do look forward to the next bowl, though.

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
Usually later on in the evening, after 22:00. Sometimes in the morning, as well. It's also seasonal for me. Cooler months I smoke, warmer months I don't. I also don't smoke when traveling. This summer, I will be circumnavigating the planet, and won't smoke at all.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Usually later on in the evening, after 22:00. Sometimes in the morning, as well. It's also seasonal for me. Cooler months I smoke, warmer months I don't. I also don't smoke when traveling. This summer, I will be circumnavigating the planet, and won't smoke at all.
Hope it's not on a raft like the Kontiki. ? ?

Reactions: kurtbob

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean

Quick query if I may;
  • Which planet?
  • Why not take a pipe, sounds like many perfect opportunities will present themselves for smoking a pipe or two? (unless its not this planet!)

edit: Oops forgot to answer the Q, I smoke a couple of times a day usually sometime in the AM and another in the evening after dinner, weekends I'll throw in an extra one or two during the day maybe after golf or down at the beach

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
playing with different lighters last few days. last pipe is now during sunlight. bic still gives me the best control, so far. zippo used to, but out of practice. that japanese lighter has potential, but seems take little getting used to.

Reactions: diamondback

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
I walk around with a pipe all day. When people call they usually say after a few minutes of conversation "Simon. Take the damned pipe out of your mouth when talking to me!".
Really good point! I had a friend who would smoke a pip when we got together and he said one of the benefits is that he would talk less and listen more! I need to remember that!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Pipe No. 1 - When I wake up and have a bowl with my coffee

Pipe No. 2 - Usually mid morning.

Pipe No. 3 - Right after lunch

Pipe No. 4 - I force myself to work out for half an hour or so in the early evenings prior to dinner. Once done, I have a pipe and a drink (Orange Gatorade, Sweet Tea or Caman Jack), and then have dinner. That is always my last pipe of the day.

Jmac8504

Lurker
Dec 23, 2019
Im in the midst of converting to the pipe from dip (which has been my constant companion for 15 or so years). I work nights so on days off I get a bowl or two in while the family is soundly sleeping. I want to get to a point where im smoking 1-2 bowls a day without any moss in lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.