PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I'm surprised that so many smoke so little. Wish I could.
I'm not a typical pipe smoker. I've always enjoyed sucking smoke into my lungs. The various flavours are a bonus.

When I smoked cigarettes I was so addicted for many years. Now that I smoke a pipe I choose low nic blends.
So when I light up a pipe for a puff, it's like a placebo effect I guess.

Because I don't clench, I often put a pipe down after a few puffs. One bowl could be re-lit up to 3-4 times.
My first bowl is first thing with a couple of mugs of tea. Several bowls later I'll have my last one before bed.

Reactions: diamondback

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Im in the midst of converting to the pipe from dip (which has been my constant companion for 15 or so years). I work nights so on days off I get a bowl or two in while the family is soundly sleeping. I want to get to a point where im smoking 1-2 bowls a day without any moss in lips.
Good luck.
I've heard many blokes say that dip is the hardest tobacco addiction to kick.

Quitting cigs was torture but I found it not too hard when I switched to a pipe.
Hope it's as easy for you.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
I was just on vacation and smoked a bowl on 3 consecutive days... that’s a lot for me, but hey, it was vacation. I usually smoke 1-2 bowls a week, typically on the weekend. I have only smoked 34 bowls since I started last October, so still navigating my way through it all.

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
Can only smoke outside on the porch in inclement weather, on the back deck in fine. Must be above 40 Fahrenheit or ‘‘tis unpleasant. That said, 1-3 times a week . usually evenings or Sunday afternoon. If on vacation, more often and whenever

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
At work during lunch if it's a pleasant day and I can set out in the sun. This time of year it's usually after dinner. My wife and I are both avid readers so I'll get a fire going in the fireplace and we can settle in for some quite time. Setting next to the fire most of the smoke gets sucked up the chimney, but my wife really enjoys the smell so there's no issue if it lingers.

Reactions: kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Im in the midst of converting to the pipe from dip (which has been my constant companion for 15 or so years). I work nights so on days off I get a bowl or two in while the family is soundly sleeping. I want to get to a point where im smoking 1-2 bowls a day without any moss in lips.
Dude, went through 1 can of cope a day for 40 years! Would say it’s harder to kick the dip monkey off than smoking! Really did both for a long time. The prob with dip is the nic level you are used to won’t even be touched with pipe tobacco. Don’t care what I smoke in my pipes, I have to ignore the nic hit rating on tobacco reviews cause I’m immune. Been only pipe smoking for a little over 5 yrs now but don’t miss the dip too bad

DarkButterfly

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2020
South East UK
Not when I'm busy, pipe smoking is a zen inducing activity and I have to be in the right frame of mind with time to kill.
Although saying that I smoked two bowls last night after everyone went to bed and enjoyed every minute of it

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I tend to gravitate towards stronger blends. I always smoke at least two bowls a day, one in the morning with coffee and one at night prior to hitting the sack. If time or mood allows, I may smoke another bowl or two periodically throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.