What's With the Thread Necromancy Lately?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
@bootlegbonvivant: I didn't know and I'm sorry to learn this, and for your loss. As a lurker here for more years than I would like to admit, there've been many voices at this bulletin board that I've missed, and Cyndi's been one of them.
I'd noticed a few old threads popping up recently. I like old threads popping up. As I get older, I find I enjoy the occasional rerun (in this case, particularly because real people are behind it all). It's like watching old home movies of parties on the VHS.
The thread did answer the OP's question ... :puffy:

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
Sorry for your loss. I've had days where the reminder of a loss is a punch to the guts and other days that same reminder is a great source of joy.

These older posts are full of great info, and I find it amusing to see how long some topics lay dormant until being revived.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Bootleg, I'm really sorry to hear that news, brother.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
boot', you have a great attitude, sustaining all the good memories and feelings. We're lucky who've had good partners, even when they leave too soon. I lost my late wife in 2000, and it was an unusually long process to get through it, though I just kept working, doing some traveling for work and for recreation. Eventually, I heard from a long-time friend I'd met when I was 19, and in 2010 we were married. It took me a long time, and I had some unhappy relationships with some really good women, but I wasn't ready, and neither were they. With two intense and fascinating women as wives, I feel lucky in love -- no regrets. Take your time.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Bootleg, I have missed you and your wife. I was sad when y'all fell off. Sorry, words are not coming forth to express my sorrow for you and your family.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I have been immensely blessed with our marriage and family. My family and Cyndi's family has kept me moving in so many ways I never thought possible. Without that support, I don't think I'd be doing as well as I am. Plus, I still have to keep up with those 3 kids, lol.
It's good to see some of y'all from when we were active here. I plan to be around to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.