Northern Exposure
Farts that I can trust
Typewriters
The Victoria’s Secret “Fashion Show”
NBA Defense
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Pemmican Sweet and Hot

I’m probably forgetting something
No, farts that you can trust pretty much covers it...?

Reactions: corncobguy

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Wonderful time, as long as you were a Caucasian, heterosexual male.

What a silly, pointless comment to make. It seems like there is always “that guy” to knock someone’s opinion down when someone says they long for the 1950s.

The United States is a majority white country, built by white people. The 1965 Immigration Act (passed by white people) allowed all sorts of cultures to come here, but that doesn’t mean the 1950s was worse just because it had more people of the same skin color. We have plenty of problems today.

As for the second part of your sentence: You think it’s a good thing that people are openly flaunting their sexuality in pride parades, waving around dildos with old men in underwear dry-humping the air as little kids stand on the sidewalk and watch? More than that, we have a militant LGBT community working to step on citizens’ religious convictions. No thanks, I’ll take the 1950s.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
What a silly, pointless comment to make. It seems like there is always “that guy” to knock someone’s opinion down when someone says they long for the 1950s.

The United States is a majority white country, built by white people. The 1965 Immigration Act (passed by white people) allowed all sorts of cultures to come here, but that doesn’t mean the 1950s was worse just because it had more people of the same skin color. We have plenty of problems today.

As for the second part of your sentence: You think it’s a good thing that people are openly flaunting their sexuality in pride parades, waving around dildos with old men in underwear dry-humping the air as little kids stand on the sidewalk and watch? More than that, we have a militant LGBT community working to step on citizens’ religious convictions. No thanks, I’ll take the 1950s.
Well, well americaman....using facts to frame your argument? Good for you!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Maybe the 1850s would suit me more. I thought the fashion was rather tasteful, plenty of public amusements such as a day out and picnic followed by a decent public hanging. Full employment in the deep southern agricultural economic sector, natty new ministerial band shows and boat rides along the Mississippi without political correctness! For those of you into facial hair then the 1850s would be a golden moment in time. rotf

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Simple small 4x4 pickup trucks and the 22re Toyota engine.
I had one that I ran all over hell and back, just a great truck. Then one sad day, a sphincter in a Jaguar ran a red light while I was waiting in the intersection (yeah, stampeded through an occupied intersection against the light) and nailed me while doing about 50. Bent the frame, I was plucking glass shards out of my arm. The Jaguar had all but completely disintegrated in the crash and the responders had to cut the screaming driver out of it. Great truck that truck.

Other things I wish were back haven't ever much been the norm, like respect for diversity and meritocracy, keeping promises and keeping one's word. I don't so much wish they were back as I wish they're show up.

Simple small 4x4 pickup trucks and the 22re Toyota engine.
I will throw a second Amen on that one. When I got my Frontier, I was really looking for something smaller, and then later they rolled out the new Ranger, which was larger than my Frontier. WTF? Some people just want a small truck.

Also, smaller phones. Why are phones as large as Kindles and iPads now? I have the SE, and replacing it with what is available just isn't going to happen. I don't want to get a purse to carry a huge honking phone, nor wear cargo pants or a belt holster for it. I will get a flip phone before I buy one of those iPhone monsters.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
The things I wish were still around, should still be around. What happened to enjoying nature, a soft pretzel at the downtown bakery, fishing on the beach without being criticized. I'm only 32 years old and I've seen this country change my brother's. I'm not diggin this anymore. My wife and I are thinking about leaving this behind us and starting a small family farm probably up in the blue ridge mountains. Every time I think about it it just starts to make more sense. The people, damnit the people have made this unbearable. Im living in a town that is solely reliant on tourist, and terrorist ( sorry tourist are the worst). Just within 4 miles radius we are adding 6,000 more homes, fuck me. this town can't take it anymore, not without us homeowners being taxed to hell. I love you guys,for real, but stop coming to St.augusine FLA
What happened to this fishing town with a drinking problem..... Sorry just rant.

• Haha
Reactions: voorhees

JMcQ

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 9, 2019
Atlantic Beach, FL

I completely agree that you belong in the 1950's.

Status
Not open for further replies.