Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Following a couple of chats with member @AppalachianPipe92 and after my purchase of the above Kenny Burrell discs I took a gamble and bought from Ebay a bundle of 30 jazz discs for the equivalent of 73p each.

They arrived yesterday and since then I've been working my way through them, the idea being that those I don't like will go to the charity shop. Problem is thus far non have made it to the reject pile :)

I'm no expert but a lot of what I've heard thus far is what I guess would be termed Creole/Orleans/Chicago jazz. I find I much prefer the instrumentals which thankfully is most of the content.

Right now I have the compilation 'Early Cool: Matter & Mind' playing......I'm loving it.

1 matter.jpg
1 matter 2.jpg
Regards,

Jay.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
I've been cranking this song for the last couple days, that groove is beastly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's Waylon Jennings Step grandson, Jesse Colters grandson, Jennie Jesse Eddy's son.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
I’m going to throw a plug in for KSDS radio out of San Diego. Jazz and blues. Starting a 5 pacific time Saturday nights is great — delta blues for an hour then Billy Vera does his “Saturday night fish fry” and then more blues. Highly highly recommended.

Reactions: Scottmi

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
No I never caught that but I shall keep my eyes open for it to come around again. PBS America often show repeats over here.

Tonight I'll be enjoying his 2 concerts at the Montreaux Festival.

Regards,

Jay.

EDIT: Take a peek at this.....looks/sounds interesting.

Regards,
Wasn't that recorded on a fluke in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada?

Reactions: Scottmi

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Buddy Cage above with happy pedal steel guitar, John Hughey with more classic pedal steel, both absolute masters of the instrument.

Wow, I had not heard this song previously (1990's country is a lost era for me, I'm just re-discovering). Vince Gill is becoming my favorite legacy artist.
He now performs with steel guitar artist Paul Franklin.

Next week is the 43 anniversary of the 1st date with my wife. I always post a song on her Facebook page that dat (and she gets a dozen red roses). This will be that song this year.

Here's a favorite cut from a great Vince Gill/Paul Franklin album. (Merle Haggard song)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I can't believe I've owned this 3 DVD set for nigh on 5 years without playing it :rolleyes:.

Recorded live at Montreux Jazz Festival in 2004 it features blues greats Bobby Parker, Clarence Brown and Buddy Guy with Carlos Santana joining each bluesman towards the end of his gig. Also appearing as guests are Nile Rodgers and Barbara Morrison.

Nigh on four hours of great blues/jazz for lovers of either genre and both.

mont 1.jpg

mont 2.jpg
Regards,

Jay.