PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
At the beginning of the thread I complained about a rancid smell from a tin of Jackknife Plug. Well I recently opened a tin of Warped King's Stride and found it had the early beginnings of that same horrible homeless shelter smell.

What is C&D doing to their cakes??? It's always their cakes.

To be fair, King's Stride smokes and tastes pretty good... (now that I've dried it out in the oven and killed off the bacteria colony that was evidently going apeshit in that tin).

• Wow
Reactions: ram74 and mingc

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
At the beginning of the thread I complained about a rancid smell from a tin of Jackknife Plug. Well I recently opened a tin of Warped King's Stride and found it had the early beginnings of that same horrible homeless shelter smell.

What is C&D doing to their cakes??? It's always their cakes.

To be fair, King's Stride smokes and tastes pretty good... (now that I've dried it out in the oven and killed off the bacteria colony that was evidently going apeshit in that tin).
JKP is my favorite dark fired blend. I love that smell of BBQ and vinegar. I have 2lbs of it :) I don't smoke it often so it should last me a while.

I hated C&D Bayou Morning. Smelled fine, but tasted harsh and dry. Smoked it just to get rid of it, and usually dumping half the bowl to rid myself of even smoking it. I prefer GL Pease Fillmore for a strong Va/Per. Much more smooth and sweet.

Reactions: nekodvoru and logs
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
JKP is my favorite dark fired blend. I love that smell of BBQ and vinegar. I have 2lbs of it :) I don't smoke it often so it should last me a while.

I hated C&D Bayou Morning. Smelled fine, but tasted harsh and dry. Smoked it just to get rid of it, and usually dumping half the bowl to rid myself of even smoking it. I prefer GL Pease Fillmore for a strong Va/Per. Much more smooth and sweet.
To me, Bayou Morning gets a little mellower with some age on it. Same for the flake version.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
C&D visions of celephias. I can still taste it in my freehand cob after almost a year later. I won't give up on my pipe though.

• Haha
Reactions: logs
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
If I had some of the dismal experiences with blends described on this thread, I'd give up pipes altogether. A few rounds of vomit and I'd concentrate on custom coffees and teas.
In all seriousness, if Scotty’s Stonewall had been the first blend I tried, that might well have been my direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.