PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itz

Lurker
Jun 12, 2020
Not sure I would classify this as repellent just yet, but I recently bought some Haunted Bookshop to try. I haven't had any Burley before, and figured this would be a good introduction based on rave reviews. After 3-4 bowls, I taste dirty diapers consistently... I'll finish out the 4 oz I bought hoping that changes.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Not sure I would classify this as repellent just yet, but I recently bought some Haunted Bookshop to try. I haven't had any Burley before, and figured this would be a good introduction based on rave reviews. After 3-4 bowls, I taste dirty diapers consistently... I'll finish out the 4 oz I bought hoping that changes.
MAYBE THEY SEND U CROONER?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
And my experience in smoking an occasional pouch since 1972 is that it has never bitten me. Just goes to prove not everyone has the same tobacco tastes or experiences.

Absolutley. I smoke CH at least every other day. I can always tell that I did when it comes time to drink a soda or brush my teeth. It's not enough to run me off though. CH is a great blend with a unique flavor.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I enjoyed Haunted Bookshop from the start. It’s typically my wake up bowl. Tobaccoreviews.com definitely gives it mixed reviews. Everyone’s taste is different and no one thing tastes “exactly” the the same to anyone else. Taking that into account, if a blend tasted like “dirty diapers” after 4 bowls worth...I’d most likely not wait to finish off the rest of the 4oz. as it probably won’t vastly improve from baby shit. ?☕

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Not sure I would classify this as repellent just yet, but I recently bought some Haunted Bookshop to try. I haven't had any Burley before, and figured this would be a good introduction based on rave reviews.

Trying Haunted Bookshop first put me off burley for months. I’m glad I tried something else later, as burley is now my favourite segment. Try some Amphora Burley, Sutliff Ready Rubbed, even Carter Hall or the other names you see on here all the time. Many burleys are flavourful but mild and sweet(ened). Haunted Bookshop is not among them.

Itz

Lurker
Jun 12, 2020
Trying Haunted Bookshop first put me off burley for months. I’m glad I tried something else later, as burley is now my favourite segment. Try some Amphora Burley, Sutliff Ready Rubbed, even Carter Hall or the other names you see on here all the time. Many burleys are flavourful but mild and sweet(ened). Haunted Bookshop is not among them.

Thanks for the recommendation! By sutliff ready rubbed, do you mean this one?

Itz

Lurker
Jun 12, 2020
Edit: took off the double quote.
I enjoyed Haunted Bookshop from the start. It’s typically my wake up bowl. Tobaccoreviews.com definitely gives it mixed reviews. Everyone’s taste is different and no one thing tastes “exactly” the the same to anyone else. Taking that into account, if a blend tasted like “dirty diapers” after 4 bowls worth...I’d most likely not wait to finish off the rest of the 4oz. as it probably won’t vastly improve from baby shit. ?☕

? Well I thought maybe it would go from fresh diaper to more faint changing room.. We will see!

Itz

Lurker
Jun 12, 2020
That’s the one! Gravity fill, tap the bowl to settle it, and away you go! If this is what Edgeworth was like then I would be happy to have been an Edgeworth codger back in the day.

Finishing a bowl of it as we speak.

View attachment 34243

You've got me! Added it to my wishlist, thanks!

Edit: Also, you only gravity fill? Not the 3 layer method? I've been experimenting lately on lighter packing techniques. Couple of times I have done just gravity fill but figured it was too light.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Also, you only gravity fill? Not the 3 layer method? I've been experimenting lately on lighter packing techniques. Couple of times I have done just gravity fill but figured it was too light.

Look at the pic of the tobacco on that link. It’s a pretty dense cube cut, not ribbons. If you pack it tight, you won’t get any air through it. You have to tamp lightly as you go but that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.