PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I hope that wasn't the whole plug!!!! :P Love Salty Dogs.. I use a cigar cutter. But It sounds like the processor does a good job!! interesting.

Reactions: burleyboy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
you have to keep them in a place that negates forgetting them. Example your car or in your backpack if you're a nerd like me.

love the tins in the pipe shelfs. Nice touch
Could be worse, I bring a satchel with me on long trips. Got my pipe pouch of course, my notebooks, and my maxpedition pocket organizer with me. I've had it for many years. The wife likes to give me crap for bringing a purse....

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I just cleaned out a bunch of old glass dripper bottles from my vape days. I'm using one for isopropyl alcohol for my restoration kit, and one I just filled with Zippo fluid. Going to keep the fluid in my car for emergencies/travel.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's not exactly repurposing, but I use an inexpensive nylon shaving kit for a pipe bag when I travel on the theory that no one will know it is pipes or think it is a pistol kit and steal it, not wanting my deodorant and toothpaste. I recycle like crazy. My city has a program where you throw all recycle material in a cart and they sort it out at the recycling center. I know this is not a sure system. Supposedly glass, aluminum, and paper and cardboard get repurposed well, but plastics are somewhat hopeless, very polluting everywhere including in the vast Pacific Ocean, and difficult to chemically re-use, or even sort into categories. I do repurpose plastic bags for household purposes, but this only delays their damage.

Reactions: danish and B.Fee

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I use a Leatherman CS multitool while piping. I got it to keep on my keys because it has scissors, I wanted to use it to cube cut flakes. I didn't expect it to be perfectly sized for tamping, which I use it for all the time. The bottom is all ashy now, but that's ok.

Reactions: B.Fee and jpmcwjr

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
And although not in the true spirit of this thread, I repurposed a new kitchen hutch into my new pipe & tobacco haven - in my “cellar”! (Basement...?)
View attachment 16651
Very nice! I wonder if my wife would notice if I threw all of her crap out of the kitchen hutch and turned it into a tobacco cellar. I would try but she would surely put me outdoors.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper and B.Fee

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
I have a plastic tube that came with a hand rolled cigar that a mate of mine bought at London Airport that I use to keep my USB sticks in so they don't get lost.

I know a lady that uses those cigar tubes for her teenage daughters to keep their 'essential items' in

Reactions: B.Fee

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
I take altoid and tobacco tins, stuff them full of mini-survival kits and give them to friends and family for their vehicles or ORVs. Para-cord, fire starter, fishing tackle, band-aids, survival cards, etc, various little things like that.

Aug 1, 2012
Like many of you, I have a travel ashtray made from an old tin and a cut-down old cork knocker. It's a great thing to stick in the pocket and use to ash mid-smoke if you are in a place where dumping the ash in public is frowned upon. I also have an old lunch tray that I use to corral my cleaning supplies and waste while cleaning pipes.