PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The plastic bags from the grocery i reuse to bag the cat turds from the litter box.

Haha, I do the same. That and for a trash receptacle in my car. Soon to run out though, with Alaska's recent ban on plastic bags. Now the cardboard grocery bags are repurposed as wood stove firestarter :)

I have permanent bags, but I am still getting used to this and always forget to bring them in. The untimely death of our species is apparently not enough motivation for my lazy american ass.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Don’t need to, but find the whole “repurpose” game fun and a good puzzle.
100g McB tins & Champagne corks make a convenient ashtray..., and an old belt with a nut & bolt make a decent pipe stand.16648

I also use empty Snus cans for tobacco travel cases.

And old pallets, a rainy weekend, a few screws and a drill bit can create some extra basement storage options...coffee can waste basket optional! ?

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I have had a 4 pipe Smoking Holster for over 15 years, whenever I am gone, it’s with me. I couldn’t imagine having to use another tote.

Reactions: B.Fee

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Haha, I do the same. That and for a trash receptacle in my car. Soon to run out though, with Alaska's recent ban on plastic bags. Now the cardboard grocery bags are repurposed as wood stove firestarter :)

I have permanent bags, but I am still getting used to this and always forget to bring them in. The untimely death of our species is apparently not enough motivation for my lazy american ass.
you have to keep them in a place that negates forgetting them. Example your car or in your backpack if you're a nerd like me.
Don’t need to, but find the whole “repurpose” game fun and a good puzzle.
100g McB tins & Champagne corks make a convenient ashtray..., and an old belt with a nut & bolt make a decent pipe stand.View attachment 16648

I also use empty Snus cans for tobacco travel cases.
View attachment 16649

And old pallets, a rainy weekend, a few screws and a drill bit can create some extra basement storage options...coffee can waste basket optional! ?
View attachment 16650
love the tins in the pipe shelfs. Nice touch

Reactions: Ctbill

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
35mm film canisters for taking some tobacco on the go. Good if I want a selection of blends without taking up too much space.

Reactions: B.Fee

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I have an electric coffee grinder that I no longer use for coffee, which I recently found out is perfect for "rubbing out" Samuel Gawith Flakes and plugs of all kinds. Just about three seconds of grinding creates a perfectly cut tobacco. With this kind of preparation and some drying time, I finally can smoke the Gawith products with not much preparation and relights...

The used mill is a Moulinex AR1105.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Outside of using pickle jars to store tobacco and old flat head screws as pipe tampers I cannot really think of anything else I have repurposed. I am sure I probably have but nothing springs to mind.